• Advertisement

Spring 2019 Sales

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Spring 2019 Sales

Postby Bob T » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:19 am

GearX - 25% off a bunch of skis including the Voile UltraVector. Only 184cm left. Bummed that mounting the HyperCharger (and any of the Voile carbon fiber skis) with tele bindings voids the warranty.
Telemark-Pyrenees - Scarpa T2's and many other boots at 33% off including shipping. So for instance, $400 including shipping for the $600 T2.

Edit to add - I ordered some telemark-pyrenees T2's last night. Order came to $401.75. A chunk of that was PayPal's poor euro to dollar exchange rate. If I had gone with a cc# I think I would have done better. BUT, I wanted to add that I placed the order on Tuesday night, it's shipping from France and getting to VT this Friday. That's pretty cool.
Bob T

Re: Spring 2019 Sales

Postby Dirk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:58 am

backcountry.com has Voile Switchback X2s for $240, which is about as good a deal as you'll find.
Dirk

Postby Biff » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 am

Bob T wrote:GearX - 25% off a bunch of skis including the Voile UltraVector. Only 184cm left. Bummed that mounting the HyperCharger (and any of the Voile carbon fiber skis) with tele bindings voids the warranty.

I thought we were well past the point of ski manufactures worried about telemark bindings ripping out.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Dirk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Biff wrote:
Bob T wrote:GearX - 25% off a bunch of skis including the Voile UltraVector. Only 184cm left. Bummed that mounting the HyperCharger (and any of the Voile carbon fiber skis) with tele bindings voids the warranty.

I thought we were well past the point of ski manufactures worried about telemark bindings ripping out.

It did get better, but now its getting worse. In order to make the skimo/AT set happy, most manufacturers are using superlight wood cores and carbon fiber to bring in 100+ waisted touring skis in the six to seven pound range. No more beefy maple core to hold those screws in. Great for AT, not great for tele.

The irony of Voile (Voile!!) building a ski you can't tele on is just too much. But AT is where the market is at these days.
Dirk

Return to General Topics