• Advertisement

Teleman

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Teleman

Postby Fisheater » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

I have been missing his reports over here. It appears he has been injured. I posted a link, there is a fundraiser either for a gift or a cash gift, not sure which as of yet. Thought your guys over here would like to know.
https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2401

I mean no disrespect by posting a link to another forum. I hope no offense is taken
Fisheater

Re: Teleman

Postby Biff » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:45 am

He generally reports on his thread in the backcountry section. It looks like his last report was on February 16. I hope he is OK.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Dirk » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:36 am

Get well soon Bruce. Or we'll be poaching your lines up on Stannard Mountain.
Dirk

Postby Biff » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:43 pm

I talked with Bruce. He’s ok. Fell off a porch (after “an amazing deep powder ski day “) and broke some ribs. He also hit his head. But he has a pretty thick head.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Bob T » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks for the update, Biff. Broken ribs are no fun. Heal/heel up, T-Man!
Bob T

Postby greatgt » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:05 am

18o and light snow....The boys are heading up into the Highlands where there is a mighty base in the 4-6 foot range.....Bummer that I will miss the party!!!!!!!! Hope Telekid and Telesven will be using the new e 109's....They will get some observations and share with you all....As far as injuries....fractured my thick skull....still like Dirk and Biff said....probably the best thing I could have hit!!!!! Three broken ribs that seem to be healing really well...Unless a serious cough can't feel nothing....Couple of weeks will see the trauma team down at Dartmouth Hitchcock and hope to be on those new 109's if the boys don't break them in the meantime....Want to thank you guys for the good wishes...This the second day I feel good enough to type.....The last run I had was up on Little and I had to resurrect my beat Rebounds because I was blowing out my equipment.....which I will soon repair....Arc on guys....the skiing is really good in the BC....The last run I had....was dynamite....800 verts of steep and deep....We call that run the North - East snow fields.....and the Rebounds just blew the snow into a free fall full of eye powder shots over and over....It was a great run.....So get out there and keep up the banter on what you see and feel....That kind of stuff helps the healing process....Thanks guys.....Teleman
greatgt

Postby RobRox » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:23 am

Get your rest and heal soon!

Maybe you'll visit 2019 Slackfest
Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!
RobRox

Postby Biff » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 am

Hmmm... that fall may have affected your prose. I understood every word you said! :lol:

Glad you are OK Bruce. Maybe you should start wearing a helmet when you are not skiing? :lol:
Biff
Site Admin

Postby greatgt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:10 am

Man did I just laugh at your comment Biff.....Teleking came by yesterday and he said the opposite of what you just said...heh....What I can say was Telekid said Teleking just was totally smooth on those new skis...Long sweeping arcs and totally dynamitic on the down....Both he and Telekid were laughing about the idea I would never get to use them because one or the other were going to snap them in half....As far as cruising it took some adjustment as the double camber and the Nordic Rocker didn't quite match up....As they ski them more there will be more reports on whether they snapped them or not....Up in the Highlands the base is somewhere around 5-8 feet deep and has completely changed the entire landscape....Camp was totally buried....Took them @ 10 minutes to dig in to get in....Hope Telekid can send some pictures....Get out there as it sounds like the skiing is way out there....Both said there was about 4 inches of powder on a slight wind driven base that can grab you if your not aware....Arc it all.....Teleman
greatgt

Postby Tele kid 2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:19 am

Tele Man goes for a final check up/ scan today. He is hopeful they will give him the go ahead to get back on his skis ( new e-109’s). We went over to Stowe and he was outfitted with a new helmet and goggles . He has come a long ways since that first week. Think snow for Tele Man!!
Tele kid 2

Postby Bob T » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am

When they head scan TM they're going to see a snow globe with a tele-arcing skier. Hopefully someone is on hand to explain that this is normal. Fingers crossed for a green light!
Bob T

Postby greatgt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:31 am

Man!.....Good to go but can't bump my head!....When I asked about skiing he wouldn't say to do it....What came out was "do not fall)....So got a helmet, yuck, but will NOT FALL but will resume low angle skiing...Today will help Kurt, :Telekid: put some buckets up for sap....Find I get really tired way to easily....Guess it's going to take awhile...TM
greatgt

Postby Tele kid 2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 am

Find some low angle corn this afternoon and enjoy the hell out of it. The tele gods were looking out for you and now you need to pay homage once again. Go easy!
Tele kid 2

Postby greatgt » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 am

31o snowing with an inch on the hardpack....Will test it soon....Can't wait to get some rounded arcs...Been a while!....Liked Freedan's tent...TM
greatgt

Postby Biff » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 am

A few years back I broke my left collarbone. I was told to not ski for at least a month, that it was separated and if I fell I ran the risk of it puncturing my heart. .... I was skiing three days later with no polls.

Sooooo... I can't exactly call you "pie for brains" but do be careful.
Biff
Site Admin

Return to General Topics