• Advertisement

Free to a good home...

Got something to sell or looking for used gear? Here's the place.

Moderator: flyingcow

Free to a good home...

Postby Go Fish » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:29 am

I've got 2 pairs of skis that are gathering dust in my basement. Both are super fun to tele on but I've got similar pairs that I like better. If you want them we can arrange to meet in Bolton, MA, Natick, MA or at Wachusett.

First is a pair of old school Atomic GS race skis that are 180 cm long. They are the version that had a channel running down the middle of the ski. I rigged up 1/4" thick Delrin spacers for the toe and heel piece mounting locations and they are fitted with inserts that are ready to accept any 22 Designs bindings. A Mondo 28 shell will line up with boot center on the factory ski center. The bases are perfect and the edges have a fresh tune. This ski is an absolute rocket ship that will hold an edge on even the nastiest ice. If you like to go fast and lay trenches, this ski is for you.

The second is a pair of Atomic Theory skis that are 177 cm long. I bought them new in 2013. This pair is a twin tip free ride ski with a rocker/camber/rocker profile that has decent edge hold but really shines in softer snow and that sloppy cruddy mush that we get during warm spells and in the spring. The dimensions are 130/95/119 and are advertised to have a 20 m turning radius. These have inserts installed in a 22 designs mounting pattern for two mounting locations. The first location puts the boot center of a Mondo 28 shell at the factory recommended boot center of the ski. This spot is essentially right in the middle of the ski and facilitates skiing switch and messing around in the park. The second mounting location is 1.5" further back and puts boot center in a more traditional "directional ski" mounting location. This is a REALLY playful ski that is a blast in the bumps or anywhere else when you are in the mood to goof around. It will carve turns but it is a lot better at slarving, smearing, skidding and all of the other non-technical methods of making an arc. These are in perfect shape and the edges have a fresh tune.

If you are interested, I can email some pictures to you.
Go Fish

Re: Free to a good home...

Postby Go Fish » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:56 pm

My unused sleds have found a new rider. Hopefully, he will have as much fun with them as I did.
Go Fish

Return to The Trading Post