• Advertisement

Deuchland ist OUS!

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Deuchland ist OUS!

Postby greatgt » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 am

Man did they look used up! Thinking the best player with two yellows was Boetang and his wonderful passing was missed....Now Denmark has a really fun Goal tender....Brazil looked ok but....they seem not all the together yet.....Mexico....don't think so....Russia, doubt it....Croatia is looking good....Hope a not main stream team wins...Will see...TM
greatgt

Re: Deuchland ist OUS!

Postby Dirk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 am

Or more grammatically, Deutschland ist AUS! But yes, Germany is out. Denmark and Sweden are both alive - now would be the time to buy stock in whoever manufactures novelty viking helmets.
Dirk

Postby greatgt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:01 am

France has the most athletic people.....If they get it together they can be seriously good.....Spain has the best one pass touch but can they score? Portugal a so so team with the most outstanding individual player....Man is this Ein gross wonderbar fussball, nicht wahr?.....Last time I spoke German was back in 1957 and 8...Scheisse...Oh yeah! TM
greatgt

Postby Spiny Norman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:00 pm

Just wondering, you know, with Russia doing so well, if there is in tournament drug testing at the WC?
Spiny Norman

Postby greatgt » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 am

With Sputin anything's possible...However the facilities and the organization has seemingly been wonderful....The ruskies played like they fought in Stalingrad...Bring it to us.... Think blood bath with Croatia soon!....Mexico should have their game on because brazil will offer counter attack possibilities....And Nice guy japan needs to make Belgium think they will offer no resistance and get them into head cases....France is still looking top notch...Great world cup and yesterday was the day of the goalie...Awesome!!!!!! TM
greatgt

Postby capecodtele » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 am

Yeah, that Denmark-Croatia PK finish was amazing to see so many saves. I usually hate to see games decided by PKs but that one yesterday was top notch
capecodtele

Postby greatgt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 am

heading for a Mondo condo in Falmouth...Hope to get there and see brazil and Belgium play....After Naymar's pathetic acting job will now want anybody to stomp Brazil...He shoulda had a RED card for that stunt....Stomp Brazil.....Don't know who beat whom the last day but am ready to watch and see the best World Cup I have ever seen....Man Pele must be shaking his head at what Brazil has become...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:32 am

Going to call it the German system....Two things....One touch passing and turn and burn....Germans are like engineers...one plus one equals two....Many teams have imitated the System where they build up the attack fast and frequently turn and force the defense to consolidate on the person with the ball which leads to openings and with fine passing it's a 7-1 beating of Brazil in the previous World Cup....England has copied the system but don't have the turn and burn aspect...Belgium does but they need a QUICKER forward like Ronaldo to finish the job.... Croatia on the other hand doesn't have the athletic ability of the French but can and do use the system to free individuals within the system...In other words they build using the German game plan but individualism within that create.....Today watch the people without the ball...If standing around in formation waiting then they are in trouble.....If the people without the ball are all getting into a zone where the ball can be passed to them because they are "working" to get open....then to the Victor goes the spoils...Go Croatia!!!!!! TM
greatgt

Postby oldschool » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 am

Teleman - your prose is somehow more understandable when talking about football as compared to skiing! It's been interesting watching the patient passing teams like Spain and realizing the level of defense necessary to take the pressure of having that much continuous time with the ball in your end to keep defending and defending. It also points out the quality of some of the best strikers who can get free in that context, although a fair amount of the goals I've seen have been mistakes of unmarked men or wrong placement of the defender.

My favorite part has been watching the cringe-worthy Fox commentator on the left side who clearly knows almost nothing about the game cut off or interrupt Alexi Lalas, who I don't care for very much as a commentator, Lalas then often turns and simply stares into the camera ignoring the other guy.
oldschool
oldschool

Postby greatgt » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:06 am

Alex did one good thing.....When the "big deals" were crying about Argentina and Germany failing....Lawman was estatic....Bring on the little guy and too bad for the Above....That I liked! He is very abrupt and a know it all...But that's usually better than the blather of many others....Great World Cup....Best in my memory and I remember Pele from way back...TM
greatgt

Postby oldschool » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:48 am

Yeah, I was generally unimpressed by the announcers on Fox - I think the guy on the left was Stone and just a total idiot. It was a neat bunch of games to watch. Unfortunate that some of them came down to penalty kicks. I thought the first French goal yesterday was pretty much too bad as well as Griezman largely just lost his footing. My soccer began when I started playing - I think it might have been seventh grade - it was the era of "Soccer Made in Germany / Toby Charles" and the NY Cosmos experiment with Beckenbauer, Pele (I think) and the others for a few seasons. It was weird playing the same game I'd watch on TV on a Sunday afternoon - huge pitch with guys making nice passes, modest pace with the ball - meanwhile all the pitches we played on in high school were minimum regulation size, sometimes lacking much grass in a lot of spots so people were on you right away, or play on a football field in a stadium for which nearly every grass field has a huge crown running down the center making a ball up the outside really hard to do and keep in, especially if the grass was at all wet.
oldschool
oldschool

Postby greatgt » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 am

Like you Old School, memories of soccer are a really good....From the finals in Division three..(New England)....to walking around San Diego looking to hook up with any team to play when the US Navy gave us time....Meeting Dieter...(always carried a ball and always caught it for practice)....So Dieter says "looking fur der Deutchers?...Varoom?....why...Looking to play some...Position asks he???.....Goalie says I. We shoot some says he...so in street clothes he shoots I stop the shot....Dieter says ...You play for us...Yes?....When and where?????....Best game was against the Germans who flew Lufthansa and got training in sunny Southern California....Refs kicked someone on our team out....Two brits got the red card after slapping up a ref....8v11 and our two hero's minor league pro's in England gone Ref's brought charges but the two flew the coop......We were the previous champs so we were kinda disliked.....Dieter says...They kill us we walk off.....Toalman ist aus...(thanks Dirk)....as I played fullback and goalie....Boom they tried long shots that were easy to handle catching the ball floating over my shoulder...They won but we did ok....(Never let on that I could understand some German.....Started summer soccer up here in Hardwick...Played in Burlington leagues....Always met really decent people....Started the first Girls High School soccer team in Vermont and with good people started the first girls soccer league and probably had the first soccer girls team under the lights up in Newport Vermont....Coached the boys and girls team up at Craftsbury for 20 some on years and honestly.....learned so much about life....Thanks to Soccer and really wonderful people who were all a part of that great sport....TM
greatgt

Return to General Topics