• Advertisement

The Maine telemark Festival 2018

What's going on in the east. Festivals, Clinics, workshops...you name it, if it's at all telemark related post it here.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

The Maine telemark Festival 2018

Postby Biff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:22 am

Yup.... it's on the calendar. Happening February 3, 2018 at Mt. Abram. Telemarkdown will be there with tons of gear. Free lessons as always and some kind of fun race. We will post more as we get closer.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: The Maine telemark Festival 2018

Postby AmyMacEvilly » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking forward to this and have it on my calendar, but I may be stuck with a work obligation . . . what other events are there going on in the East for recreational newbs like myself?
AmyMacEvilly

Postby wallag » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 am

I'll be skiing in Japan that week. 8) Sorry I can't make it!
wallag

Postby Biff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:55 am

Greg, that's a real poor excuse. :)

Amy, I'm not really sure what's left in NE as far as tele events go. Kare's festival will be happening and that will be posted here. You can also check Telemarkdown's schedule to see where they will be. They offer free demo gear and there may be lessons available.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby The Court General » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:11 pm

The Four Star General just gave this one star general permission to attend :D I will be bringing the little generals along with me - they don't tele (yet), though maybe they will be convinced after the festival. Any suggestions on lodging (cheap and nice preferred) in the area?
The Court General

Postby Biff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:17 pm

The Court General wrote:The Four Star General just gave this one star general permission to attend :D I will be bringing the little generals along with me - they don't tele (yet), though maybe they will be convinced after the festival. Any suggestions on lodging (cheap and nice preferred) in the area?

Can't really help you in the lodging department. Bethel is your closest bet for most lodging. But be sure to say hi to the guy all alone in the sign-in tent (me) possible joined by the cow (Pete the flyingcow).
Biff
Site Admin

Postby AmyMacEvilly » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Biff wrote:Greg, that's a real poor excuse. :)

Amy, I'm not really sure what's left in NE as far as tele events go. Kare's festival will be happening and that will be posted here. You can also check Telemarkdown's schedule to see where they will be. They offer free demo gear and there may be lessons available.

Auugh! The Andersen Telefest at Bromley is the day before/weekend of the Stowe Derby, which I've been trying to do for the past 2 years (and have been foiled both times).

Checking Telemarkdown's schedule next . . . sigh . . .
AmyMacEvilly

Postby flyingcow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm

AmyMacEvilly wrote:
Biff wrote:Greg, that's a real poor excuse. :)

Auugh! The Andersen Telefest at Bromley is the day before/weekend of the Stowe Derby, which I've been trying to do for the past 2 years (and have been foiled both times).

Checking Telemarkdown's schedule next . . . sigh . . .

The Derby is fun... I'm really bad at the Derby. :D
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby AmyMacEvilly » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 am

Well, I find it reassuring that someone else is bad at the Derby. I went on the Recon (again) but this time on my in-track skis and got good coaching, so I may make it down alive.
AmyMacEvilly

Postby Dirk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Amy, the Derby just got cancelled following the horrific warm-up. Good reason to go to Kare's!

P.S. The Cow isn't bad at the Derby. Don't listen to such foolish talk.
Dirk

Postby AmyMacEvilly » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Yup: I know re: the Derby cancellation. I've never been happier about that. (The Recon is happening more often than the actual Derby.)
Off to the Kare Anderson Telefest on Saturday I go! Yippee!
AmyMacEvilly

Postby flyingcow » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 am

This is the third year in a row, isn't it?
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby AmyMacEvilly » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:52 am

Yup, third year in a row. Basically ever since I've tried to do it. So, I think that I'm the curse.

But, I got to go to the Andersen Telemark Fest at Bromley and that was AWESOME and just what I needed. (And, Flying Cow, did you happen to coach the Sat. afternoon Beginner clinic? If so, thank you & Chris for your coaching. :-) )

I am going to be sure to hit both the Maine Telemark Festival and the Andersen Telemark Festival next year.

Does anyone know if there are any clinics at the Crotched Mountain Telefest in a couple of weeks, or is it just races & Telemarkdown's demo tent?
AmyMacEvilly

Return to Calendar of Events & Clinics and Workshops