• Advertisement

Kingdom Tele boys BC report

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Kingdom Tele boys BC report

Postby greatgt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am

Serious hardpack!......Blue skies....Warm camp....Cold, ice cold skiing....Glazed hardpack and some, less than an inch of scattered powder.....Just as hard skiing out as going in....At one point on the way out here comes Telekid and Teleking....heading down a low angle hardwood slope holding on for dear life....That kind of skiing....Should have seen the big grins as they flew by....outta control....finding little devices to save themselves from the welcoming trees....Telekid wrapped a pork sirloin in bacon and we cooked it on the stove with onions and peppers....Yum! TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:44 am

Snowing hard when we exited the jeep....Bout 8 inches soon to be 10 and finally over a foot....Crust still in play but if you headed the skis down and kept them flat no problem unless you plopped into a dip...Many explosions and face shots as the snow wanted to explode as if it were part of the powder party....Took a different area to head them down and we were all glad we did....Moderate was the sweet spot and the goods were there....Lots of snow flying and it kept on dumping...Today will be special but will cc with wife....Might get some in the afternoon but for sure tomorrow......TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 am

Craftsbury Outdoor Center had silk for snow....When getting my skis on noticed I had lost the front screw on my e99's...The binding kinda worked with pressure on it but had to head back early...My wife had a good ski and we went home where I changed skis and headed up to the Highlands...Teleknob had @ 14 inches of dynamite fast powder...Even on the moderate side the skis were fast...Dropped into the North side and didn't stop as the few hundred yards flew by...Sunny...snow on branches....Wind blowing....Eye shots...meandered up the ridge and took a shot here and there...Saw where Telekid had done some turns...and what beautiful turns they were, on the steep side....Cruised out...Oh yeah...TM
greatgt

Postby Telerock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 am

Thanks for update...here is a photo from a few weeks ago.
Attachments
632A3C59-5C27-4FE7-BE53-B9B59796B83A.jpeg
632A3C59-5C27-4FE7-BE53-B9B59796B83A.jpeg (150.18 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Telerock

Postby greatgt » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 am

Cruised up to the East side of Little yesterday....Waxed the bones with extra blue and it was good....Down was very good and today will head back up with the boys.....not sure what the snow will be like though as we had a softening with a bit of rain yesterday....or...did we?....Coulda been all snow, don't know!!!!! Sooo deep out there Rock and Teleknob is just socked in with deeeep snow...Get back up here!!!! TM
greatgt

Postby Telerock » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Saturday....rode bicycle about a mile to the store for beer and cigarettes; short stop at the pool hall for a draft.. 85 degrees, light breeze. Then went to swimmin hole...fishen a little...followed by a band at the local tiki hut bar....miss the skiing...
Attachments
4CF9DA00-581C-46A2-99A3-D8CBA57BC483.jpeg
4CF9DA00-581C-46A2-99A3-D8CBA57BC483.jpeg (92.41 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Telerock

Previous

Return to The Back-Country Report