• Advertisement

Kingdom Tele boys BC report

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Kingdom Tele boys BC report

Postby greatgt » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 am

And fisheater we are supposed to get hammered this weekend...Everything is getting that "rounded" blanket soft look....It's like where do you head them because everything looks great!...Hope you make it back here when the snow is deep and the powder dry...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:43 am

Telerock is heading!!!!! TO....the Dacs to check out his cabin then he is hauling a.. for green waters in the Florida Keys.....yesterday Rock...Teleking....Telewheels and I headed back up to Little Mountain and had a repeat of Sunday with snow a bit more consolidated....Still crystal up high and the skiing excellent...Tried the short 109's and they did well enough but can't wait for the new Nordic Rocker 109 powder boards....Waxable of course!....Rock has to beat the storm South and is it possible that New York and Boston are going to get over an inch of ICE? Good luck down there! Could be Porto Rico all over again.........Teleman
greatgt

Postby Telerock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Dry powder snow here in the ADKs. About a foot; west of Saranac Lakr. Noreaster on Sunday will change that; I expect. Camp is now 80 degrees F.
Attachments
C2BC61E0-3102-4738-A56D-6655E3C8B1A8.jpeg
C2BC61E0-3102-4738-A56D-6655E3C8B1A8.jpeg (161.02 KiB) Viewed 747 times
36302AFB-BCAE-41B0-8BA7-8B85E4525919.jpeg
36302AFB-BCAE-41B0-8BA7-8B85E4525919.jpeg (88.97 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Telerock

Postby Telerock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Mount Manfield, & Stowe Mtn resort, Vt on Sunday - (-19) degrees F that morrning. Glorious powder!
Attachments
08F1C11D-4141-4FD0-87E5-76AE8BBBB986.jpeg
08F1C11D-4141-4FD0-87E5-76AE8BBBB986.jpeg (110.68 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Telerock

Postby Telerock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 pm

View of... mt manfield; i mean.
Telerock

Postby greatgt » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

Thinking T-rock of heading up to Heartbreak hill over to Porcupine junction and long arc the deep over there on the e99's....Figure green is the wax....Staying for the storm should give you powder envy throughout Florida if you can get back!!!!! Might get in some more wood after the breaking fun....TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 am

Got wood in...jeebers....also hit teleknob a short ski up a small orb up by Stanlock Gap....Soooo good and you get out of the car at 2240 feet....Not bad as a start!!!! Thinking of going up the other side of the Gap today on a logging road and hit a ridge up there....Ride out won't be to bad either...TM
greatgt

Postby Telerock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm

T-man;
You would have loved the trip in to 3pk. Easy up. Fire-beer-etc. at camp. Glorious drops in 10” powder off 3-pond knob; down the circ at camp; and riding the toboggin side track on the way out.
See you torrow. CallWheelstomorrowmoring.
Telerock

Postby greatgt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 am

While you were out there I was on a ridge getting very laid back long arcing Tele...Pow!....The storm and Telesven was plowing the driveway...Telekid didn't stop by says he???...Nope but now I knew that Telekid was heading for Little Mountain and if his car got there mine would too...Off I went in below zero again and exited the car in 10 inches of fresh and a foot to come....Telekids track had about an inch in them and you could see he was in a hurry...as in get the Vortex first...A deep very steep and tigh wild ride down where two ridges meet and the snow blows cold an blankest the zone....Up was good with green wax the ba...At the top wrote in the "book"....and followed TK to the Vortex....Damn the Kid had to be in ultimate float and his track was something From Telecamp down...you would see in a movie....Wicked....Me I'd make the cartoons as in very conservative but opened it up toward the lower part...Below Telecamp it was straight down with an arc here and there....Sometimes waist deep and hit the steepest that section had and ...FLOAT.....Even oldies can feel the feel and it was good....At one point I heard owl like hooting as Telekid hit John's drop in total bliss....We never saw each other and he did some more wild rides and I flew back to the car....Wicked out there!!!! TM
greatgt

Postby Telerock » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:41 pm

John an I tracked out along north face base. You must of skied what we left you by now. You are welcome for the track up.
Thanks for the syrup. 32 hr reurn trip.
Telerock

Postby greatgt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:58 am

Heading to the far side of the Adirondacks for a bit....32 hours, damn....Bet the water is blue green and your visit into way below zero a distant memory.....have not been up to the Highlands but have done Little a couple of times...Snow got wind blown with the top totally mushed up by heavy winds....I got to the wrong spot so no pictures on a blue bird day...oh well...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:16 am

Checking back in with a tale of two days in which powder went to crust in the South-West Daks....Bout 2 inches of rain made for wild snow travel....best thinger about it was....skinnies.....Telewheels was in and out of the crust with no way of knowing but mostly being grabbed by the above....Skinnies were able to ski IN the snowshoe (narrow) path as the Vectors weren't.....causing lots of problems for on top grabbies....Also when heading them down and building up speed a good old stomp of the front ski and plop into the snow she go....That gave control in un controllable snow...Oh yeah! Oak ski area looked to be in decent shape but kinda hardpack...Arc on boys and girls...Teleman
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:35 am

Couple of decent days of skiing...Bout 4-5 inches of fluff...I mean really light blow away stuff....used skinnies and they dived into the crust so a bit tough on the turns....Today with more dense snow will take the Rebounds????? or the Noodles.....Need the longer skinnies on order and see how the new e 109's work....Telekid did well on his 99's the other day where I mostly Zig Zagged down he was making turns while blasting the down below crust....He also hit the Highlands where the snow is seriously deep...Teleknob is a round orb in the 2400-2500 elevation range...It has a long ridge where you can get any kind of skiing you desire....Telekid says he was dropping some small ledges in the 5-10 foot range...Gotta get up there today...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:06 pm

So cold no wax helped today...Going up no problem....Glide forget it....Down you needed to shoot it and it had to be very steep....Even so the skis when turned would slow down a lot which meant you had to straight-line again to achieve speed to make a floater which slowed you waaaay down....Fun ski but the cold is making for slow conditions...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 am

Been going out into the fog and rain checking on what's happening to the snow pack....Up in the Highlands it consolidated in unison and was rounding off nicely...@ 8o this morning after a howling night of wind should think the pack is hardening up well....If we get the 6-12 Tuesday the skiing could become spectacular...Here is to hoping....TM
greatgt

PreviousNext

Return to The Back-Country Report