• Advertisement

Crickets . . .

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Dirk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:54 am

They seem to be more prevalent at lower elevation and in grassy or shrubby environments, rather than mature forest. In my experience, anyway.
Dirk
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Orange, Vermont

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby RobRox » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank goodness you were feisty enough to push against such mindless, medical inertia. Best of luck for a full recovery.
Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!
User avatar
RobRox
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:38 am
Location: following the tracks of Diogenes

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Biff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
User avatar
Biff
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:22 am
Location: Maine

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby capecodtele » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 am

Yup, ticks are expanding territory all the time....we've had the deer ticks for decades now and I have had several buried in me over the years from mountain biking and have undergone month long antibiotic therapy a couple of times due to symptoms (but have never tested positive for any of the known tick borne illnesses). Now we have a new species here called the Lonestar Tick which one of the maladies it provides is that you become allergic to RED MEAT with varying symptoms to include fever, rash, and gastrointestinal "issues".....fun times...
capecodtele
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 pm
Location: Brewster MA

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Dirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 am

Deep in our hearts, I think we all know that this planet, ultimately, belongs to the arachnids. Humans are but a speed bump on the evolutionary highway.

So go ahead, take a sick day. :D
Dirk
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Orange, Vermont

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Grant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 am

Biff wrote:Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D


Glad to hear you are doing better, Biff. With that extra heartbeat, do you find yourself clapping on the 1 and the 3 now?
User avatar
Grant
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:13 am
Location: So Vt

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Biff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am

Grant wrote:
Biff wrote:Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D


Glad to hear you are doing better, Biff. With that extra heartbeat, do you find yourself clapping on the 1 and the 3 now?


Yea, it's helped my drumming a lot.... :D
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
User avatar
Biff
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:22 am
Location: Maine

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Biff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Dirk wrote:Deep in our hearts, I think we all know that this planet, ultimately, belongs to the arachnids. Humans are but a speed bump on the evolutionary highway.

So go ahead, take a sick day. :D


Chake thinks that the ticks will ultimately be our "plague".
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
User avatar
Biff
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:22 am
Location: Maine

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Dirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Biff wrote:
Grant wrote:
Biff wrote:Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D


Glad to hear you are doing better, Biff. With that extra heartbeat, do you find yourself clapping on the 1 and the 3 now?


Yea, it's helped my drumming a lot.... :D


Now would be the time to cut a reggae album. "Tick turn I and I into Sly Dunbar!"
Dirk
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Orange, Vermont

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Bob T » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 am

5-ish mile VT - NH loop run/swim from my house. In 10 photos.
Image

passing local D.A.R. - used to be site of VT statehouse until 1829.
Image

Image

Crossing to NH.
Image

Image

NH.
Image

Out of the water back on the VT side.
Image

My favorite part of the loop. A solid half mile of field running up off the river. Later in the season this passage next to the 8' high corn is surreal.
Image

Phew!
Image

Image
User avatar
Bob T
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Ammonoosuc Watershed

Previous

Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests

cron