• Advertisement

Crickets . . .

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: Crickets . . .

Postby Dirk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:54 am

They seem to be more prevalent at lower elevation and in grassy or shrubby environments, rather than mature forest. In my experience, anyway.
Dirk

Postby RobRox » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank goodness you were feisty enough to push against such mindless, medical inertia. Best of luck for a full recovery.
Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!
RobRox

Postby Biff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby capecodtele » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 am

Yup, ticks are expanding territory all the time....we've had the deer ticks for decades now and I have had several buried in me over the years from mountain biking and have undergone month long antibiotic therapy a couple of times due to symptoms (but have never tested positive for any of the known tick borne illnesses). Now we have a new species here called the Lonestar Tick which one of the maladies it provides is that you become allergic to RED MEAT with varying symptoms to include fever, rash, and gastrointestinal "issues".....fun times...
capecodtele

Postby Dirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 am

Deep in our hearts, I think we all know that this planet, ultimately, belongs to the arachnids. Humans are but a speed bump on the evolutionary highway.

So go ahead, take a sick day. :D
Dirk

Postby Grant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 am

Biff wrote:Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D

Glad to hear you are doing better, Biff. With that extra heartbeat, do you find yourself clapping on the 1 and the 3 now?
Grant

Postby Biff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am

Grant wrote:
Biff wrote:Thanks. I don't want to make it sound like I have some major heart problem and my days are numbered.... It messed up my heart beat giving me an extra beat. The cardiologist put me on beta blockers and, worst of all, took me off of coffee and that seems to be helping. Starbucks de-caf really is not that bad... :D

Glad to hear you are doing better, Biff. With that extra heartbeat, do you find yourself clapping on the 1 and the 3 now?

Yea, it's helped my drumming a lot.... :D
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Biff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Dirk wrote:Deep in our hearts, I think we all know that this planet, ultimately, belongs to the arachnids. Humans are but a speed bump on the evolutionary highway.

So go ahead, take a sick day. :D

Chake thinks that the ticks will ultimately be our "plague".
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Dirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Biff wrote:
Grant wrote:

Yea, it's helped my drumming a lot.... :D

Now would be the time to cut a reggae album. "Tick turn I and I into Sly Dunbar!"
Dirk

Postby Bob T » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 am

5-ish mile VT - NH loop run/swim from my house. In 10 photos.

passing local D.A.R. - used to be site of VT statehouse until 1829.

Crossing to NH.

NH.

Out of the water back on the VT side.

My favorite part of the loop. A solid half mile of field running up off the river. Later in the season this passage next to the 8' high corn is surreal.

Phew!

Bob T

Previous

Return to General Topics