• Advertisement

2017/2018 Wachusett Thread

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: 2017/2018 Wachusett Thread

Postby Go Fish » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Snow Report April 8, 2018

I am happy to report that WaWa is alive and kicking. I didn't have high expectations for the conditions this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I rolled in a bit late, around 8:00, but the parking lot was all but empty. The first lift patrons were just sitting down as I went into the lodge to get my boots on. My first few runs were off of the Minute man lift. The groom was firm but far from bad. The sun was out and the snow warmed up quickly. In a run or two I was smiling ear to ear and laying my skis over on a really forgiving surface. Things just got better as the temp climbed. We switched to the Polar Express lift around 9:00 and the runs off the summit were great.

I had to bail at 10:30 and I really didn't want to. It was really uncrowded and there weren't many folks out there that I did not recognize...and the snow was pretty awesome. Especially for the second week of April. I overheard Jeff Crowley talking with some folks and it sounds like they are going to open next weekend if the snow holds out. The trails are narrower than last weekend but there still aren't any bare spots. There is some really sketchy hockey rink ice poking through in spots but it is completely avoidable. I've got my fingers crossed for one more outing.
Go Fish

Previous

Return to Ski Area Conditions