• Advertisement

2017/2018 Wachusett Thread

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: 2017/2018 Wachusett Thread

Postby kesroberts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Great conditions today with all the new snow. My plans to head to VT solo today were dashed by a school cancellation, which left me in charge of the homestead, but I was able to convince my 7 yo to join me. We had a great morning - hope the new snow sticks around for awhile for the rest of you So. NewEnglanders.
kesroberts

Postby Go Fish » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:45 am

Snow Report February 8, 2018:

I was at the hill with my crew from work last night. The conditions were less than ideal but at least the crowds were light. The rain that came after Wednesday's 6" of snow consolidated it and when the temperatures dropped, it firmed up in a serious way. There wasn't any shiny ice but the whole place was a layer of ball bearings on top of a hard chalky base layer that would take an edge if my form was perfect. When I got lazy, my edges didn't bite and I went flailing until I slowed down enough to pull it together. Let's just say that it was very "technical" last night.

It looks like 50s on Saturday and rain on Sunday...time to sacrifice a chicken to Ullr
Go Fish

Postby Go Fish » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:12 am

Snow Report February 11, 2018

I was very surprised, and pleasantly so, by how much fun the snow was. Temps were in the 40s overnight and when we got to the hill and the super firm surface from a few nights ago had softened dramatically. It was hero snow. The sort of stuff where you can do no wrong. The problem was you couldn't see more than 100 feet in front of you through the pea soup fog. It was so thick that while on the lift you could just barely make out the next chair.

My wife and I gave up on the upper mountain after a couple of runs for fear of running someone or something over. The visibility on the runs off of the Minuteman lift was much better and the snow was fantastic. It is half the vert each run but it was infinitely more enjoyable.

It is raining there today :cry: . We just can't catch a break...
Go Fish

Postby Go Fish » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Please tell me someone skied at WaWa today and is able to post a report. I'm really curious how it was after the fresh snow.

I'm up at Jay for the week. Reports start tomorrow.
Go Fish

Previous

Return to Ski Area Conditions