• Advertisement

Kingdom Tele boys BC report

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Kingdom Tele boys BC report

Postby Biff » Wed May 03, 2017 8:09 pm

flyingcow wrote:3) Never play horseshoes with the Kingdom Tele Boys.

Glad you were paying attention.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Telemanarcer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 am

Time to fire this back up...Have been in the...er...BC @ 8 times and it was real!!!!! Sorta....Anyway several times with Telekid...and will send Biff a couple of pictures....We are calling it grass snow skiing as we were at an old farm site with a new barn...We also got up into the Highlands for some limb-rock sliding...Two days ago hit the Highlands with some snow..(2-3 inches) but it was totally covering the ground with a film of ice down under making it seem like lots of snow...Uh...Was able to get some linked turns in and did that ever feel good....For you that think we are nuts..(not far from the truth)...it is the best way to get balance and move muscles that need moving....In reality it's terrible skiing with excellent results...TM
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Good workouts! Yesterday Telekid and I zapped a longish tramp...some skiing and a lot of BC horrors....The woods around Dead Moose pond were killer with about a half inch under the spruce and yellow birches and the ground was covered with serious whips...logs....branches...snaggles...water dips....Wicked balance conditioning and we even got a few turns in...Man! Today went to another place two miles in and caught a small ridge....What fun to link some turns in the forest...Very quiet with Coyote and fischer tracks...The cruise out was speedy and laid back....Good conditioning without the horrors....really it's all been fun as it should be...TM
Telemanarcer

Postby greatgt » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 am

Bout 30 inches up in the Highlands with 3-4 inches of powder on a breakable crushable crusty crust....Slow snow in sub zero skiing and right now mostly cc breaking and not really challenging the down with 215 e99's a really wonderful breaking machine...Thinking something wide might be the ticket for crust avoidance...16 below yesterday and 12 below now so twill be another slow one...Going to see if I can get some turns today with my widest ski...TM
greatgt

Postby Biff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 am

Teleman... did you forget how to come on as telemanarcer?
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby greatgt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 am

Oh man! We switched from dial up to a satellite type thinger and.........Oh man....ohhh the problems I have with instructions...Whenever anybody says do this I do that!!!! Soooo was trying to get back on here...only took about two weeks and many tries....Great Grandfather Tele = greatgt....Still have not been able to figure out how to get on Earn your Turns what a laugh! Anyway went up to the Highlands in a heat wave of about 10o and it was good...The wide non cambered skis did well even though for the first time in ages I really had to "MAKE" myself try for a fifty-fifty spread for staying above the crust...Worked swell until I hit a serious did and went under and smashed my shins on said CRUST...Saved myself and with a self assured grin almost instantly went under again and ate some crust....Laughed and stayed fifty fifty....All in all some nice monomarks....Going to do the deed again today as it's supposed to almost hit 20o....Balmy!....A week of sub zero in the daytime has made me get out the facemask and think about goggles for the first time in years...TM
greatgt

Postby Bob T » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 am

So here’s where you are! Excellent reporting, TM!! Really looking forward to the break in the cold that this week’s weather is promising. Too much suffering for dogs and humans with sub zero days.
Bob T

Postby greatgt » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 am

Bob Teleking, Telekid and I went out to get some pictures in -25o below zero...Oh yeah...numb and dum.....Didn't take long for the cold to be the issue....The SLOWEST snow known to man!....Had some shed skis that were retired but had NO camber and were PHAT...SHAPED....and heavy....@ two mph I could really kick the frozen snot out of them TK<TK...Heh They were slower than me! Forgot how debilitating that kind of cold is...Took a couple of shots....wrong lens.......and we got the hell outta there....To Teleking's Pool Hall and got the snot kicked outta me....But the beer was consumed and the Football good....Have had to keep the Wood stove going so as not to freeze up....Man that was cold...TM
greatgt

Postby North816 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 pm

I didn't want to complain when it was cold but wow, the upper 20's yesterday felt like summer! The good news is I will not be cold again for the rest of the winter. My dogs are so much happier, they spent 3 hours sitting outside yesterday. Looks like a nasty rainstorm is coming though, hopefully more cold & snow will follow.
North816

Postby greatgt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:35 am

With glazed eyes hearing more than seeing....somewhere in the far distance thought I saw three nights of 0-15 below just after the rain event...Musta been dreaming cause 20-30 below is damn cold...(Mostly up around here you can add another 10-15o to the Burlington centered forecast"...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:20 am

Wicked weather.....Three days ago deep powder and needed bigger skis....Then mealy mush crush...then wet sloppy...and finally an inch of sleet and a slight cream on top....Going out today I know the bigger skis will ski the new stuff ok but will put on the e99's for cruising and hope that the snow in the Highlands consolidated....Not sure if the skinnies will edge and break that crust as the snow up there was so deep...Let you know...heh...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 am

Liking this "Boiler" with a soft surface a lot....Build up some speed and the skis respond quickly....Lost about half of the 30 + inches but the surface is rounded and with some powder the cruising is excellent...Kinda in the category of cruising Cross Country with turns being the cream...Can turn on the steeps but running the skis flat on this surface makes one lean toward low to moderate steeps....Will get some pictures to Biff when I figure out this new configuration which knocked off my e mail type of thinger....Bummer...Love the skiing, love taking pictures, but dealing with this electronic stuff is a serious chore for this old dummy....TM
greatgt

Previous

Return to The Back-Country Report