• Advertisement

ntn freedom mounting queztion

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

ntn freedom mounting queztion

Postby jrjr » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 am

Lurking and searching has not yielded any good results.

I am a lifetime snowboarder that switched to tele in 03. Self taught. 42 and in average shape. Been on the Axl with k2 sideshow mounted at the midsole designated by k2. Love this setup.

Got a pair of backdrops and the freedom binding. Brought em to a great shop I trust to have mounted. They assured me I wanted them set forward 2cm of the designated mid sole.

The feeling I am getting out of the ski is like I am catching the front edge of my downhill ski during the transition between turns.

Some more info, I have a pair of backdrops with the ntn freeride. Mounted midsole center. Had good luck with them. I am comfortable with the ntn.

Should I remount them to midsole center?
jrjr

Re: ntn freedom mounting queztion

Postby flyingcow » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 pm

I certainly have mine at boot center on my Voile Charger BCs. I have heard the +2 thing from way back in the new days of NTN. The Freerides are adjustable +/- 1 cm, so you could mount ahead a bit and move it back if you wanted to. With the Freedoms, I see no reason to be so far forward.

One option would be to slide your freerides forward to the front detent, and see if you notice a similar feeling. If you do, then you know it's a binding position problem.

-pete
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Re: ntn freedom mounting queztion

Postby jrjr » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Didn't think of that. Good call. Wish they had designed the ability to adjust into the freedom.

Thanks pete.
jrjr

Return to The Gear Shop