• Advertisement

Voile Vector

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Voile Vector

Postby Biff » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Dirk wrote:Biff, the Vector BC's climb as well or better than any patterned tele ski I've used. The pattern is pretty long relative to the running length of the ski. All that rocker means that when you weight the ski, you're mostly weighting pattern, not glide zone. Still and all, you can't set nearly as steep a track as you can with skins. But it's noticeably better than the negative pattern on a Rebound/Outtabound, and I'd say a bit better than a Guide/Annum. I believe the extruded base material is the same as Karhu/Madshus use - there's just more of it.

Go on, buy a pair, you big lug.

"Buy"?
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Skooled » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Thoughts on mounting BC Vectors 180 with NTN Freerides? Too much boot/binding (+220 pounds of human) for the ski?
I can't afford the freedom right now.

They are currently mounted with 01's, but I don't have a pair of boots for them at the moment.
Skooled

Postby flyingcow » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Skooled wrote:Thoughts on mounting BC Vectors 180 with NTN Freerides? Too much boot/binding (+220 pounds of human) for the ski?
I can't afford the freedom right now.

They are currently mounted with 01's, but I don't have a pair of boots for them at the moment.

Mount em.

You'll obviously notice a difference in the touring, but they will ski like champs.
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby Biff » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:24 pm

I just have to say... I've been skiing my Axel mounted Vectors a LOT lately and they are fantastic!! My goal has been to ski nothing but untracked and , with all the snow, it has been met. The bindings are, at least for me, the best bc binding I have ever skied and the skis... they take everything I give them and reward me with bliss. Can I ask for more? Well, yes. it's been mostly knee deep. Waist deep would be nice.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Gear Shop