• Advertisement

Chic Cocs April 15-23

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Chic Cocs April 15-23

Postby RobRox » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Invitation, trepidation, hall pass, vacation...Done! Chic Cocs April 15-23
Logistical arrangements went a little bumpily, but Friday around 6AM the Suby and I were on the road.

Got to Camping du Mont Albert well before sundown. Saturday dawned crispy so I determined to wait until 10:30 or so before setting out for Hogsback but started to assemble the day pack....
drum roll, please...
Shock and stunned stupifaction....my shells were back home. Zipped down to Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, 42 klicks North(ish) and scored some make-do category gear. It turned out the pants were not really needed, but the jacket served well.

Okay photos by the day. Day 4 a trip to Xalibu is not here because I took binoculars instead of a camera. No vids yet, there are some, but serious anti-shake editing is pending. Snow on all days was either soid or corn, very soft corn.

Day 1 Hogsback (solo, skied the easy way)

Day 2 Moose pic and Mont Lyall (solo, no hijinx)

Day 3 Back in my spiritual backyard

Day 4...no pix A trip to Xalibu we went, saw and dropped an easy gully. Got rather firm as we went up.

Day 5 A run to Mont Jacques-Cartier, I skied Mont Comte

Day 6 Double sessions. Backdoor Bowl-Lunch(thirst quenching)-Apostrophe (Apostrophe warned me off so I went for the Birches and tried to film the Apostrophe crew.

Day 7 Freak and S dropped by some of the crew, I settled for lesser runs

Day 8 Raining...kayackers seem to like it
Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!
RobRox

Re: Chic Cocs April 15-23

Postby North816 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:31 pm

great pictures, thanks for posting! Looks like Disneyland. A little rain to remind you that it's the Appalachians. The remote feel and lack of development must create a great vibe up there. Can't wait to check it out, hopefully next year.

I love the way the plants and animals are just like here, the mountains are the same shapes, but there are open bowls & faces everywhere.
North816

Return to The Back-Country Report