• Advertisement

Frost

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Frost

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:28 am

Was walking with my wife up in Robert Frost land yesterday. Old cellar holes, the schoolhouse gone, my Grandparents old farm gone, many "boulder quarries," scattered about, in a wonderful hardwood world with old and crumbling stone walls. Down by Ainsworthtown, looked to where Guy and Newellen two hermits lived back some 50 years ago. Was a tarpaper shack and my uncle used to bring them goodies as the winter up there was long and harsh. Continued on and contemplated the civil war abandoned celler holes with a swamp on the left and hardwood ridges on the right. Continued on up to Buck Lake, sat and reminised about canoe and beavers slapping their tails....headed back the sun warm on our backs. Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Dirk » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 am

What's a Hardwick boy doing in Woodbury?

I hear there may be brookies in Buck Lake. Maybe have to bring the canoe up there next spring. The Fish and Wildlife map shows a trail around the shore, is there one?
Dirk

Postby Telemanarcer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 am

Not absolutly sure about brookies, but yes they are there. The Wilflife management acess point is kinda hidden as the F+W kinda want to have the lake to themselves. There is a road around it but in total disrepair, Round Knoll hovers above it. That is a totally wild energy hill. Supposed to have the same dowser energy of the Pyrimids and I can tell you strange things have happened up there. Our first cc efforts were up in the area back in the early 70"s. We would s ki to the top Quarry (Fletcher), down the back side close to the Woodbury Quarries, then wiggle and waggle to White quarry (Whitest except for Bethel also owned by Woodbury) then to Blue Quarry to Buck lake down the deserted new growth areas to the corkscrew and out to the Railroad bed to Hardwick. Gonna resurect it this year as its a great semi BC 6 mile ski. Great views too. Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:06 am

Yawn.....had some frost the last two nights. snore! Hunting is pathetic, but loggertele's son about 12 got a 207- 7 point buck. His dad is out west hunting.....Big suprise when he gets home! Teleman
Telemanarcer

Re: Frost

Postby zeeshan123 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:46 pm

EB and myself decided to do some skiing today, the thaw/freeze/slop/freeze cycles left us somewhat in the dark about what was going to be good(if at all).

A short trip to the local shot provided to be a good adventure, and the skiing was better than expected. There was a firm crust under 1-2" of soft powdery goodness.
Enjoy the real success with prince2 certification exam and cisco ccna online training programs and latest Testking Also prepare for next level with quality mcdaniel questions and www.northeastern.edu and join Stevenson University
zeeshan123

Return to The Back-Country Report