• Advertisement

Kingdom Tele boys BC report

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Kingdom Tele boys BC report

Postby greatgt » Tue May 01, 2018 7:19 am

TeleRock and Roll....Sat and Sun. are going to be sunny!!!!! Teleknob is still happening...Could be a BC party up there...Raging fire...Eats....Tele....TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 am

BC around here is done...Telekid and I skied Teleknob and from here on in it's over to Stowe and Closed ski areas....Rock and Roll...be a good reunion!....TM
greatgt

Postby MikeK » Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am

Great season you guys had. Made it a full month longer than us, which is actually probably always the case.

Our lift served aka man-made hill was open until the 1st, and apparently set a record season. I didn't have the time, money, or effort to hit it up though.

Started MTB a few days ago and the trails have been in awesome shape, me, not so much. It's going to take a few more weeks to get some stamina back.

We bought a new boat (canoe) yesterday. 1984 Sawyer 17' Kevlar family "barge". Not really much bigger than our 16'er, but it's a nice cruiser and in great shape for a 34 year old boat. I knew we were going to need two tandems eventually, and this was a great deal, so I jumped on it. I need to modify the garage storage rack though, as it barely fits!
MikeK

Postby greatgt » Fri May 04, 2018 6:34 am

Really must make an effort to hit canoeing again this summer....Love the feel of it riding down a river or heading into wet land areas....Biking is ok and we have lots of thrown up roads and trails to cruise...Fact we really like one over in Elmore down to East Elmore to Brown's Hill...(mostly a few miles of downhill!!!!!) Have not heard from Telerock....must be in transit....but looking like Stowe on Sat........Telekid will be hiking and skiing with his daughter...She gets a free tele ride on the down....TM
greatgt

Postby MikeK » Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Best way to keep in a boat is to buy one.

I like slinking around in streams, swamps and ponds. I like lakes too, but a lot times they are motorized, which sucks, and other times they are really windy.

Don't know what it's like up in VT, but if you head over to where Telerock's cabin is you can pretty much get anywhere by boat. Sometimes there are long walks in between the ponds though, so having a light one helps. I'm going to give this one we just bought to the boys when they get old enough to paddle it themselves. It's big enough to carry all 3 of them and gear, even up to adulthood. It's in good enough shape it ought to last enough 20-30 years if you keep it out of the sun, and scraped up enough I don't care about them beating the tar out of it...2
MikeK

Postby greatgt » Sat May 05, 2018 4:54 am

Have an Old Town Canoe....Mostly everybody borrows our Wilderness? kayak....but for me it's the Canoe. used to do White River open canoeing...Stopped that a while back...."No future in it"....My best for now is slow moving rivers and getting into Ponds where there are lots of fingers to explore....Man, your three boys are in for some wild times...That should be in a book!!!!! TM
greatgt

Postby MikeK » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

Oh - that'll do the trick! Get out on it!

I'm in really bad paddling shape - we were out for about 20 min testing that new boat and I was already feeling sore.

Spring has finally sprung in the forest. Nice bike trails out here - good little ski hill too.

MikeK

Postby Telerock » Sun May 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Got 1/2 mile from camp Monday; 1799.5 miles in 30 hrs from Florida. Bottomed out F250 in snow. Hiked in
; tractor stratted (yeah!)...winched out truck. All snow is gone now. Was in Vt Sat and today, but T-kid and T-king bagged on skiing ( too cold... ).
Back at Floodwood; T-gramps, call and visit this spring or summer (not June).
Telerock

Postby greatgt » Tue May 08, 2018 6:05 am

Tkid and I were bumming that you and Roll didn't get over here....Had a great cinqo something and all had a good time...Tking had to get stuff done...We were on for a ,morning ski but that didn't work out....Today however will be different...43o and the sun is hot....Will head over to Stowe for a lower elevation 210 Asnes skinnies and see how they ride...Double camber of course...My guess they will demolish corn in long speedy arcs...Back by Noon!...TM
greatgt

Postby greatgt » Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 am

Hope anybody reading this...uh...what is this?.....Anyway time to let it go...sorta.....If the Boys want to go to Stowe Sat....who knows....But like Mike...time to get the canoe out....play Kingdom Tele Golf....(I'm the worst}.....Get happy with black flies.....love the little ones to death.....and wait for flakes to fly in October....Enjoy the summer all....Teleman
greatgt

Postby Telerock » Tue May 15, 2018 4:36 am

See youthen, if not before
Telerock

Previous

Return to The Back-Country Report