• Advertisement

Kingdom Tele boys BC report

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Kingdom Tele boys BC report

Postby North816 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm

TM, didn't realize you had your own thread running! It seemed a little quiet in the main forum.
North816

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:27 am

Anybody can add on here....Kinda like to give information on conditions and add on some of our antics too....Net gain but the powder that was is toast....Got lots of sleet and last night it was crusting over...Light snow as of now and more in small increments to come...Builds up fast so hoping the crust will become a non issue...TM
Telemanarcer

Postby flyingcow » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Telemanarcer wrote:Anybody can add on here....Kinda like to give information on conditions and add on some of our antics too....Net gain but the powder that was is toast....Got lots of sleet and last night it was crusting over...Light snow as of now and more in small increments to come...Builds up fast so hoping the crust will become a non issue...TM

Our crust layer seems pretty thin. I'm hoping it gets crushed udner the couple inches we got today. My Madshus Annums are at the shop getting pins installed so I can match them up with my Crispis. Bolton's gonna get fun!
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby Telemanarcer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:53 am

Crust is a bit tougher here....Again wider will help a lot but if one does not pay attention a tree is just a few inches away.....Telekid gave me some Tua Performance skis for Christmas and thought I'd strip off the bindings as they were Rottafella Super red and white unused pins....Didn't because the Tua's looked far more "heavy" than the e99's....used them as ice breakers yesterday and they did good...Few times they went under but that was on the way up....They skied the up trail down well....The length 205's mitigated the crust to some degree...The two inches of powder helped too....Supposed to get some today and a foot tomorrow....Then except for one day next week all snow days....Oh yeah....My camera is in need of fixing but bag it....Skiing comes first!!!! Tman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:51 am

Last few days have been pretty good....Before the storm we were on 2 and a half inches of powder on serious crust that could bring you down quickly....Hear up by Telecamp in the Highlands @ 18 inches....will see today....Yesterday Telerock lived up to his name and broke half way up Little Mountain before we could catch up with him....Then it was mostly Telekid and Teleking for the rest of the way...I was just happy getting up to the top....Over to the Vortex we went in a foot of powder and there wasn't anything left for me on the e99's....Powder pigs had gotten the goods...(steep and tight area)....Wouldn't have mattered much as I'm not what I used to be anyway....Today will use my Rebounds and break up into the Highlands and see just how much we got....Tomorrow the Boys will head down over the East and Southeast side getting @ 1400 verts....This old boy will say "off you go" and then get better powder elsewhere on the hill...Oh yeah!....Looks like @ Sat -Sun. warm up....Hope the highlands doesn't crust over....Razor crust no problem....Thinking I broke my best set of boots while skiing the Noodles a kinda heavy ski....Vibrum right in half....serious bummer....But have slicked up the beater Andrews with tons of shoe gue and duct tape and cross my gnarly fingers....Arc on Boys and Girls! Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Last two days have been special....Yesterday broke up a small hardwood knob with a couple hundred vertical feet....The Northeast side is steep and there is a ton of snow with @ 16 inches of powder on top...Shot down and hit a few places with lots of snow blasting up and closing down visibility.....Headed home feeling good....Today went up the wax trail and it was like a breath of fresh air....Each time up was like a rest...Easy up and then the best riding in years....the difference was riding the e109's which was way better than the Rebounds for this kind of steeps and snow....Today the arcs came easily and when hitting some dips the snow blinded me but the ride was soooooooo gooooood.....The slicers came around like they are supposed to....Telewheels told me Telekid and he went up Little Mountain and shot down (Johns Drop) another steep drop and choked with powder....Down they went and Telekid went wild on e99's slicing and dicing...Telewheels was ecstatic about the conditions and reveled in skiing the Switched back Vectors. Me I did a thousand today but the up trail was for resting....The down was a dream....Supposed to get a bunch more in the next two days....Awesome! Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:56 am

Just won't quit....What a difference a week makes....Figure all my up trails will need close observation to ....forget it....Highlands are buried....Figure I'm going to shoot and arc the steepest up there in clouds of bomber powder....Wow what a month so far....Unreal....TM
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:52 am

Last week was some of the best powder I have ever skied....24-30 inches of fast and sliceable....Just think.....an e109 just blowing through all of it and turning with total ease....Face shots....over the head shots.....It does not get better than last week.....At the bottom you bend and just grin....Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby North816 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:03 am

Sounds great up there! I guess we're in for spring skiing for a while now, hopefully winter will return, there's plenty of time left.
North816

Postby Telemanarcer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 am

Went from powder to mush but it held you close to the surface....Best skis of the day were the Rossi BC 110 and the e109.....Red wax worked really well as did the slower bones....The food was excellent and we shoveled the roof at TK2 which had a couple of snapped rafters....Shot a couple of pictures but at long range will see what they are like in a bit....Bad week for skiing coming up but March is supposed to return to Wintah!!!! TM

Telemanarcer

Postby North816 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:43 pm

nice picture! I skied the Andrews boots for the first time today, wow they are excellent. It's all in the quality of the leather, it's supple and barely creases at all at the bend points. I'd love to somehow get my hands on a pair of Refugios now that I know my correct size. The leather in Crispi Antarctic is just as good but the Andrew have the nice high-volume fit I need, more room for footbeds.

hoping to get up to VT soon before the snow melts.
North816

Postby Telemanarcer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:07 am

"8" we are really deep in the woods.....Will consolidate this week but when the powder comes again it's going to be really good.....The picture was of Telewood on the lower part of John's Drop....He had a BIG day Sunday....Kurt, Telekid has a phone video of him bombing the Northeast fields....Wow! Little Mountain for you "8"....TM

Telemanarcer

Postby North816 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 am

nice action shots!
North816

Postby Telemanarcer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:08 am

Conditions remained about the same last week....Soft wet heavy.....Skis needed speed to come around but would if you had the time!....Trees sometimes have other plans....All and all with the heat the consolidation was constant but the skis even the skinnies didn't make the snow collapse....Re explored some old haunts and ways to get from here to there....Found a hollow tree @ 8 feet high waiting for us to ignite and have a spring fire around it....Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:51 am

Good ski! Went up Teleknob in the Highlands thought about getting a fire started but the winds were howling and the temperature dropping so we did too....Down a ridge and it was surprisingly good....The snow pack was in the process of hardening and it had 4 inches of SWEET SILKY POWDER....The base is now at about two feet....Headed out to Dead Moose Pond and there too the winds....About a mile later we were in camp with two hires going....Lots of laughter some skiing and down we came...The pack had strengthened and the skiing was really good….Teleman

Telemanarcer

PreviousNext

Return to The Back-Country Report