• Advertisement

Kingdom Tele boys BC report

From Mt. Washington to Big Jay what's the scoop. BC conditions, trip reports,or a great "hidden gem".

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: Kingdom Tele boys BC report

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:55 am

Probably get a few this weekend as we cruise out to Telecamp. Little Mountain has a fierce crust but up in the Highlands it seems like it can be manipulated....Also Biff will tell you if they are from the past....In fact Teleking is organizing pictures pre Digital for some sort of "Camp" book...A history of our evolution from one spot to another and the skiing around them....Actually some of those are the "best" I have taken....We have one series of "New" shots of which you got several...2-3? Ron is about to be surprised with @ 1700 photo's from Telewheels....Saw one where Teleking had just his face showing so it wasn't a "Face Shot"....Don't know what to call it....If your blowing up snow up to your neck?????? The 2 mile trail out to the Highland camp is in wonderful condition and the addition of 2 inches of silk powder has enhanced it....Stay in the trail and go like hell!!!!! Will see what the crust is like today and with warming temps crust could soften making for whatever....TM
Telemanarcer

Postby Biff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:29 am

Telemanarcer wrote:Probably get a few this weekend as we cruise out to Telecamp. Little Mountain has a fierce crust but up in the Highlands it seems like it can be manipulated....Also Biff will tell you if they are from the past....In fact Teleking is organizing pictures pre Digital for some sort of "Camp" book...A history of our evolution from one spot to another and the skiing around them....Actually some of those are the "best" I have taken....We have one series of "New" shots of which you got several...2-3? Ron is about to be surprised with @ 1700 photo's from Telewheels....Saw one where Teleking had just his face showing so it wasn't a "Face Shot"....Don't know what to call it....If your blowing up snow up to your neck?????? The 2 mile trail out to the Highland camp is in wonderful condition and the addition of 2 inches of silk powder has enhanced it....Stay in the trail and go like hell!!!!! Will see what the crust is like today and with warming temps crust could soften making for whatever....TM

TM, as I said, I don't have time to put pictures up from your history. Just send me a few choice current shots. We want to make your "Kingdom Report" relevant.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

Relevant? What's that? What's happening up in the hills is reported...Like today my widest ski was dealing with the crust quite well so if anybody has Vectors or something like them they would ride well....Took some pictures but they were for letting people know depth and what Whip World really looks like....So if I report going through whip world they know....And if you try to go through whip world on fatties your toast....Figure the Boys will run the bc90 this weekend....At 189 they should be an excellent ski....Sounds like sending pictures is more of a pain than not....Will think about it some....TM
Telemanarcer

Postby Biff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Telemanarcer wrote:Relevant? What's that? What's happening up in the hills is reported...Like today my widest ski was dealing with the crust quite well so if anybody has Vectors or something like them they would ride well....Took some pictures but they were for letting people know depth and what Whip World really looks like....So if I report going through whip world they know....And if you try to go through whip world on fatties your toast....Figure the Boys will run the bc90 this weekend....At 189 they should be an excellent ski....Sounds like sending pictures is more of a pain than not....Will think about it some....TM

TM... what's "the pain"? All I'm saying is send new pictures to go with your report. not old. "relevant"="current". Means "what's happening now"....just send pictures to illustrate "now"... "present"... not old shots.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Telemanarcer » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:39 am

Last week with several inches of powder made for better BC...Wide skis worked better than skinnies as the skinnies were always in or playing with the crust...Wide smeared over it but still gave you a feeling of potential disaster....Had to be careful...Yesterday at Telecamp we got standing dead in and put in two plexiglass windows....Much brighter and the food was steak tips with onions and pepper....The ride out was enough to blow me off my feet a couple of times....The chain saw shifting made the beginning unstable...Had to drop the pack, take off the skis as they were buried under the crust....All in all a good ski under difficult conditions....Nobody wanted to get a camera out....mine was at home!...TM
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Yesterday it was kinda hurting....Crust then ice then wet snow all within an inch or two....109's were way to short for for the conditions and what most people ski on probably would have worked....Today went up there to hand clip on longer 3 99's and the whole glop had changed to softening hardpack and skiing was really surprisingly good.....Whod a thunk.....Snowing and looking like an inch or so....and that will really help....Up by Telecamp (816!)...we have @ three feet...Sooo the skiing can get really good really fast with just small amounts....Everything is VERY rounded in the forest....Think as soon as we get snow even minor amounts everything will be wide open....Drooling!...Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:19 am

Friday was hand clipping on "Teleknob"....just a rounded orb in the kingdom....Weak energy level and plunged into what we used to call the 24 hour grip....Sunday made a comeback and headed to little Mountain where we ran into Telewoods after a while.....3-7 inches of sweet powder and Telekid and telewood made clouds of it....Camera on the fritz but that could have been a good shoot with those two.....Telewood on Rossi BC110 and Telekid on e 99's....Didn't matter as both screamed through the woods and a movie camera would have been needed anyhow.....We spent some time on the upper hill in a sun filled cull de sac and baked....had a beer at camp by the wood stove fire...headed down and if you didn't punch in with flying jumps and ran the skis flat the skiing was excellent..."Boots" had his wood stove fired up and we commiserated for a bit had some brew and headed home satisfied that our January drought was being turned around...Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:40 am

Highlands had the goods and enough snow to really go on moderate slopes....I mean just close to disaster while heading them down and feeling like skiing on clouds....of powder....On anything steep had to run them flat as hard turning could get into nudging the crust but that's on 99's....If you ski snowshoes like Vectors all is well as they will play hell to get down to the crust....Thinking Telewheels was up there yesterday on his switchbacked V....He should have had a great ride.....But it can't compare to a 99 heading in this direction....and then deflected into a new one with nothing but rounded dips on tha cloud of powder....Especially fun when your new setting is into openings in whips...branches...and trees....Some bark was removed but the ride on skinnies is a dreammmmmm....Tman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:32 am

Yesterday was snowing and it was very quiet out in the wilds....Cruised up to the top of Teleknob....ran the Rebounds around but they just don't have the same energy as the skinnier skis...Sure would like to have the 189 Rebound...Snow on the trees looking over to Burke and the Whites was a wonderment....Kirby Mountain looking good as do the swaths cut by Farmers way below....While getting more snow it was consolidating making it have more heft....Good stuff and fast....As I started down heard a hoot so continued and there was Teleking....Just back from Philadelphia and getting his head cleansed....Just like Telekid said over on Ron's site....nature and being out in it just makes life simpler and sets one up with a bit more clarity....Teleking took off and here was just cold wisps of powder hanging in little puff here and there....Pushed off and didn't know nothing till the bottom where I saw Teleking off in a small gully which I've been hand clipping....Skied to the car had a brew and off we went....Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:03 am

Same place, sorta....On the top was just trying out the short e109's....Wicked cruiser and goes up like nothing on your feet....But being a skinny wondered if the narrowness would come into contact with the crust....Didn't because on that Eastern slope called the north side...had the best powder of the year....10-12+ of really fine, fast, hefty powder....So on one little shot that I was going to cut out of the skis took me toward a steep drop....Getting there was dream skiing...easy angle and no tiny angulation brought the skis around like having nothing on your feet....Sweeeett...Stopped where a rounded ledge and a big old tree converge on the ground and looked down....It's a roll over so couldn't see down toward the bottom...thought I'd map in my mind where to go but couldn't so pushed off knowing the skis would deliver and did they...Steep with close to perfect powder they came around and held beautifully....Don't remember how or where they turned just the satisfaction of cold powder on my chest and a huge grin....Wish I had those suckers today but they are at Teleking's hopefully getting prepped for Saturday....Have resurrected the GTS extreme's but am not sure they will survive one run over there in Maine....These will be backup but Not sure if these will take much hardpack beating....Telekid is probably going to be on e99's and Teleking on Tua performance what ever they are....Hard....hard I say giving up a beautiful powder day but Telerock shamed us into doing it....See you there! Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Biff » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:54 am

You are real troopers to come over and miss a pow day but it will be good to see you guys.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Telemanarcer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:22 am

Thanks Biff....heading out soon....yesterday the powder was just below the knee....Everything is rounded so all aspects of BC looks like it's there for YOU....Bigger ledges for jumping can use more but BC skiing is off the charts as of this week and the best in over two years...Telewheels if you read this....While Little Mountain has less the East side has to be in the awesome range,,,Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Telemanarcer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:09 am

Good Mountain, Mt. Abs over there in Maine....People were "REAL"....Some of the KTB were getting ready to do the race when they got kicked out of the race for two little thingers....They hadn't pre run it...heh.....and they had no helmets....shhhhh don't tell anybody but the course was ice and steep enough.....Boys thumped their chests and wiped their collective brows....Pshew that was close!!!!! Showing how well the people get along there lift lines go smoothly without any body being pushy and everybody taking their time...with smiles...Good people, good event, thanks Biff and Telemarkeast and all that participated....Teleman
Telemanarcer

Postby Biff » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:32 am

It was great to see you guys and I really appreciate you making the powder sacrifice to come over and ski our hardback...:) Yea, I was disappointed that the powers that be would not let you race without helmets. I could have tried explaining to them that a few more knocks on the head wouldn't affect you guys in the least but I doubt they would have listened.

Biff
Site Admin

Postby Telemanarcer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 am

13o...Few more inches last night....Skiing is very good...Figure telekid has headed up to Little Mountain...sooo that means if I tarry a bit it will be broken all the way to the top....Follow his tracks to the North side in between two drop off's where a spine heads down to a bunch of small bowls....Ahhhh there is where I will go....AND....he will have broken the round the base of the Mountain letting me "cruise" back to Boots Hunting camp...See you! Teleman
Telemanarcer

PreviousNext

Return to The Back-Country Report