• Advertisement

Black Mountain of Maine; skiblackmountain.org

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Black Mountain of Maine; skiblackmountain.org

Postby raisin'heel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:27 pm

Black Mountain of Maine is back with expanded glade terrain thanks to the "Angry Beavers of BMOM". $15 tics. on Friday, $29 weekends. I have been having much fun here once the natural base is in, exploring the off-piste terrain and connecting trails and developing trails. One could spot a car at Rumford Whitecap trailhead and tour from BMOM via a short skin from summit shack to near actual summit (maybe 2-300 vert. feet - 15-20 min.) to the "Black & White Trail" toward R. Whitecap (1000' vert. drop to valley, then traverse two miles to the next 1000'+ drop to trailhead; need scales or skins! plan at least 3hrs. I'd say). Another cool trip starts the same but turn right and follow the hiking trail back to the lodge or deviate to some loggers chutes skiers left above the lodge. Hopefully soon these trails and more will have been broken (by me!?). Get a peek at the latest map: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater Enjoy! Rick @ Raisin'Heel Backcountry and Telemark Equipment (207)674-2884
raisin'heel

Return to Ski Area Conditions