• Advertisement

The 14/15 Wachusett Thread

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: The 14/15 Wachusett Thread

Postby Go Fish » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Snow Report 2/8/15:

Stupid good.

I'm pretty sure the 3 or so inches of fresh snow fell after the runs had been groomed for the day. I got there a bit late to confirm the hypothesis. Regardless, the lines were short and the snow was fantastic. Typically I bail around 11:00 because the crowds show up. Today I was there until 3:00 because it was just that good.

Lots of tele folk about.
Go Fish

Postby Go Fish » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:28 am

Snow Report 2/12/15:

It wasn't as soft and fluffy as Sunday but I have absolutely no reason to complain. I spent a bunch of time in the bumps on 10th Mtn because they were uncharacteristically soft and there was no death ice in the troughs...they are still misshapen ugly things with no pattern to them though. There is a high probability for another foot out there this weekend, so, if anything, the conditions are just going to improve.
Go Fish

Postby Go Fish » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Snow Report 2/18/15

I skied the night shift and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of a crowd during school vacation week. There were cars leaving Lot 3 as I drove up so it was likely crowded before dinner but when I made it to the lift it was pretty empty.

The snow is simply fantastic.

Nuff said...
Go Fish

Postby Go Fish » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Snow Report 3/22/15:

It has been a long while since I commented on the snow at WaWa. When I last post the snow was fantastic. I was to the hill another 3 times with no change. It remained fantastic and I did not update. Work blew up and I missed 2 weeks of skiing opportunities...bummer.

I was out today. It was below freezing, the wind was screaming, and it was mush over boilerplate.

Pay attention to the weather and pick a nice warm day if you decide to visit. Slideable surfaces will be around well into April but it will not be worth the trip unless it is warm enough to soften the base.
Go Fish

Previous

Return to Ski Area Conditions