• Advertisement

Saddleback April 5-6, 2014

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Saddleback April 5-6, 2014

Postby wallag » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

I had some ticket vouchers and 2-for-1 coupons that expired at the end of this season, so I decided to make the trek up to Saddleback for the weekend. What a great mountain! Conditions were quite good for April with some fresh snow in the glades on the quad. Saturday was deserted, probably due to the weather. Sunday was a beautiful day but very windy. Everything but the T-bar was on wind hold in the morning. The double and quad opened around 10 and 11 am, respectively. Long lines because of the Maine resident's day + late opening of the upper mountain lifts. We hiked up to the summit for one run. Nothing but ice up there with the strong winds, although it looked very nice on the leeward (back) side of the ridge.
wallag

Re: Saddleback April 5-6, 2014

Postby Biff » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:47 am

Yea, it really is a great place. Probably my favorite Maine ski area even though I never seem to get up there any more.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby wallag » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:14 pm

I should have warned you that I was up there last weekend, Biff. It's been way too long!
wallag

Postby Biff » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:19 pm

wallag wrote:I should have warned you that I was up there last weekend, Biff. It's been way too long!

Yea, since NET's decline I never see ya. But I couldn't have made it to SB last week any way. I have torn a tendon in my arm and really need to rest it as much as possible. I've been missing some good spring skiing too.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Return to Ski Area Conditions