• Advertisement

Wachusett 1/4/13

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Wachusett 1/4/13

Postby Go Fish » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:45 pm

I took one for the team today and occupied my 4 year old daughter for the bulk of the day while my wife went to yoga, ran errands and hung out with her girl friends. My reward was a trip to the hill after dinner.

I had grand plans to ski the 10" of fluff that fell over Thursday and Friday but the cold and wind coupled with work and family made those plans crumble. Even two days after the best part of the storm there was still soft forgiving snow to be found. It has been groomed a few times, so there was no powder, but it was true "packed powder" like out west 2 days after a storm. It was butter.

The downers for the night were the asanine crowds that thankfully were gone around 8:00 and the southerly wind. Temps were mild, in the double digits, but the 15-20 mph wind in your sweaty face on the chair ride up made it really cold...I know the argument: If I was a real telemarker I would be warmer going up instead of down yadda yadda yadda. Bottom line: A south wind at WaWa makes you cold.

Conditions are great right now. Hopefully the freezing rain over the next couple of days won't do too much dammage.
Go Fish

Return to Ski Area Conditions