• Advertisement

Wachusett 12/18/13

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Wachusett 12/18/13

Postby Go Fish » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 am

The plan was to be at the hill before the storm started cranking but I got stuck at work. The usual 30 minute drive from my house to WaWa took 1:40. The hill out of the Nashua River Valley on Route 2 was clogged with unfortunate people in 2 wheel drive vehicles unable to make any traction. They were bouncing off the barrier and each other as they melted the rubber off of their tires. It was a nightmare. Thank Ullr for snow tires, 4WD and the unplowed breakdown lane.

The skiing was nothing short of spectacular. The snow was super light (almost like Colorado snow) and it was falling over an inch an hour. By the end of the night the snow had stopped and the middles of the runs were getting down to the hardpack but the edges were still like skiing on clouds.

...and there was no one there. By 8:00 it was down to 50 or so people riding the Summit lift and we were all just making laps.
Go Fish

Re: Wachusett 12/18/13

Postby OnEdge » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Great description of a great night on the snow. Tuesday night was some of the best snow that I can remember in New England. The edges of the trails were great all night, agreed. What a great early season it has been so far, let's hope it keeps going.
OnEdge

Postby snowday » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

damn, was going to head to WaWa for some gates practice Wednesday night but forgot about finding someone to watch the kids. hope this weekend doesnt screw it all too bad.
snowday

Postby Go Fish » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 am

Once it gets cold again it will be hard as a rock...perfect for running gates and high speed knee dropping with the race skis :wink:

They have enough base that this warm spell shouldn't do too much damage and the groomers are nothing short of magicians. We should be fine.
Go Fish

Return to Ski Area Conditions