• Advertisement

Bromley 3/29/13

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Bromley 3/29/13

Postby Grant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:31 pm

I took a half a dozen runs, or so, this morning. It was firm initially but after BS'ing with a neighbor in the lodge for an hour we returned to some nice soft turns and bumps. NJ/NY/CT schools must be out for Good Friday as it was steadily getting more crowded.

The main quad went down for 30 min. or so and the East Side chair was filling with parents and very young kids that had no business being on it. A 4 yo a few chairs in front of us forgot to get off and rode the bull wheel around. We were stopped waiting for a decision to be made when they finally agreed with mom to meet her at the bottom of the lift. What kind of parent doesn't make sure they kid gets off the lift???
Grant

Re: Bromley 3/29/13

Postby Dirk » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Maybe Mommy could barely ski herself, and was spazzing too much to also keep track of junior.

Or, maybe she was so sick of the kid she was looking forward to ten or fifteen minutes of down time. I could totally see that as well.

It's going fast! I'm going to squeeze in a quick skin up the Timberline Chair at Bolton after work. Conditions look to be tracked up, refrozen chunder. But, hey, it's fresh air and excercise.
Dirk

Return to Ski Area Conditions