• Advertisement

2016/2017 Wachusett Thread

What's it like at your area? Just skied somewhere and it rocked (or not)? Let us know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Re: 2016/2017 Wachusett Thread

Postby Go Fish » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Snow Report: March 18, 2017

For the past three or four weeks WaWa has been a ghost town. The lack of patrons at my little mountain was all about perception. The temps were in the 50's - 70's for a good portion of the recent past. There was no snow in MA save for the big piles that get trucked out of strip mall parking lots.

For the past two weekends the machine snow has been great...last weekend especially. Seventeen inches of fresh can do wonderful things for a hill that was subsisting on machine snow.

The conditions today were hero snow to the max. In the morning, while it was sill cold, the base was firm but massively forgiving and fast. Edges went deep and there was no wrong way to enjoy the slopes. as the temps came up the snow just kept improving...and the lines started building, I had gotten used to no lines and I was bummed that I had to wait to get back on the chair. However the wait was worth it. The snow was just fantastic.
Go Fish

Postby rockdaletj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Today was the same as yesterday, with less of a crowd. Super fun carveable snow on every trail. It was a treat to be able to ski balance rock and ropers road in March, and show some folks Harlow lookout for the first time. Not too much else to say... Midwinter conditions after St Patrick's day, life was good this weekend. 3 days straight on skis, with Friday at Crotched MTN. Legs are tired, much beer was consumed, time to go back to work tomorrow, Go Fish thanks again for the jig!!!
http://www.parlorskis.com
Instagram: @d.gilbo
rockdaletj

Postby Go Fish » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Snow Report: March 26, 2017

Today I started the questioning as to when I will break down and buy an alpine set-up to keep up with my kid.

The snow was fantastic. It was perfect early spring loose granular with REALLY forgiving bed rock ice underneath. What made it even better is that there were very few people there. Me and the munchkin had our lap times under the 15 minute mark.

I'm out for next weekend and I'm hoping that WaWa will keep running the lifts so I can get some more runs in with my little one.
Go Fish

Postby Go Fish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Final 2017 Report

Last weekend I made a promise to my munchkin that I would take her skiing one more time before the snow was gone. When I made that promise I had no clue that WaWa would get an additional 10 inches of snow. Real life stomped on fun and I was away for work this past weekend. I should have been making turns.

No matter. I was out there tonight and the spring conditions were awesome. I picked the squirt up from school and made tracks for the hill while the little one changed out of school clothes and into ski clothes on the way. We put in 4 hours in butter soft conditions with the low temp at the summit just dropping to 50 F. It was a great last day.
Go Fish

Previous

Return to Ski Area Conditions