• Advertisement

Any links to private instructors? ie non mountain affiliated

Have questions about telemark technique? We have invited seven professional telemark instructors to help out with any questions you may have. If you are a never-ever wondering how to start or an expert tele skier wondering how to polish up that mogul run, here is the place to look.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Any links to private instructors? ie non mountain affiliated

Postby eurojoe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm

I have been "teaching" myself telemark this winter, on the green runs with the kids and they are faster than me now, Anywhere I can get some pointers? my quads always burn by mid afternoon and I am worried that I am getting bad habits, I'm pretty sure my skis are too short for me and unsure of leg position and balance.

thanks
eurojoe

Re: Any links to private instructors? ie non mountain affili

Postby Biff » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:06 am

Joe,

What ski areas do you ski at? Most ski areas have a tele instructor on staff.

That said... you know that may not be a bad idea for next season...to have a list of instructors and contact info.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Brenda » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Re: List of instructors--I think that's a great idea! Could also include what state they are in/will drive to and what levels they teach.
Brenda

Postby Biff » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:39 am

Let's do it. I'll make it a sticky and leave it to each instructor to edit his/her entry. Might as well start now...
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby eurojoe » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 am

Biff

I have mostly skied at Okemo and Wachusett this winter. Okemo have one or two instructors on staff but haven't been able to schedule them when I have been there.

A local list would be great, might even work to generate a group lesson. I think I may have left it a little late in the season but for next winter it would be a great resource.

I am probably only going to manage Okemo next weekend before their season ends, if anyone else is skiing there it would be great to meet others.

Thanks
eurojoe

Return to Telemark Instruction