• Advertisement

any instructors that go to sugarbush?

Have questions about telemark technique? We have invited seven professional telemark instructors to help out with any questions you may have. If you are a never-ever wondering how to start or an expert tele skier wondering how to polish up that mogul run, here is the place to look.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

any instructors that go to sugarbush?

Postby tbrown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Its been a while since I had a lesson, and I am for sure slipping back to "tele-faking"..... curious if any of the instructors on this board venture over to sugarbush. (I have a quad pass there that I have yet to use this year).
Tom
tbrown

Re: any instructors that go to sugarbush?

Postby teletante » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 am

I am an instructor who works at Sugarbush. Unfortunately policy is only privates are offered. Fortunately if you make a reservation with 3 or more people group lessons will be set up. Something to also consider is Valley Ski Week in December, And Black Diamond Club all season. I have had VSW tele groups that are 5 days of lift tickets and 3 hour lessons usually for less then the cost of just the 5 tickets. BDC is a seasonal program, all day, every Saturday for a month , or a season depending on the group. BDC is supposed to be for pass holders only, but I know that people have joined groups in the past without being a pass holder. It's kind of a pain that everything has to be arranged in advance but with limited tele (I am 1 of 3 L3 instructors available) instructors available they want to be sure of coverage. You could also get a hold of me. If I have the time I will happily ski with people and offer pointers as asked, just that right now I don't often have the time.
Dave Wales
teletante

Postby tbrown » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks for the info Dave. I understand the situation.
Thanks again,

Tom
tbrown

Postby teletante » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 pm

As my supervisor commented, "There isn't a tele instructor on the planet who feels they get enough teaching hours". I roped 2 friends into learning to tele just so I could have guinea pigs when I was going for my level 2. At least I've never chased people down to offer unsolicited advice, though I've spoken to many who've asked. I'm not much on tech, but I assume there is a way to PM me through the board if you're coming up. I will happily check out where you're at and make suggestions as appropriate even if I don't have time to switch to my tele boots.

With NATO telefest coming up at MRG (3/8-9 I believe) You could see if any one is going that you could hook up with as we get a fair number of people coming here if it gets too crazy over there.
teletante

Postby tbrown » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Thank you Teleante, I sent a PM your way. Although it never seems to leave the outbox.

Tom
tbrown

Return to Telemark Instruction