• Advertisement

Summertime

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: Summertime

Postby RobRox » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Go Fish wrote:We catch small ones too. Grandpa gets the assist on this one.

Memories. Nice going gramps.
Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!
RobRox

Postby Bob T » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:36 am

~30 of these restored track inspection thingies came by a few weeks back. They went from WRJ up to Newport, slept over, and then came back the next day. I was told they do this all around North America.

North Haverhill Fair yesterday evening.

The squirrels first discovered the oaks had harvestable fruit on July 5th. The first wave is over now.

Ruby gazing at the Grotons.

Bob T

Postby telehubby » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:38 am

Nice shots Bob!

It's been a busy summer but I took some time out to head down your direction to take in Jerry Jam.
If you show up driving a VW bus you get in for free. There were over 70 buses on a bench over looking the stage for the three day festival.

My favorite bus
You can see the stage center right and the bus camping on the bench to the left.
Great music all weekend fun times!
telehubby

Postby Dirk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:52 pm

Since Telehubby took this in a Grateful Dead direction :)

A friend and I caught Phil Lesh and the Terrapin Family Band at Burlington's Waterfront Park last week. I generally hold most post-Dead splinter bands and tribute bands in low esteem, but this particular lineup was fantastic. Phil's still bringing it at age 78. What a fun night.

Dirk

Postby Bob T » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:02 am

I want to point out that Jerry Jam is in NH, for all you who may be thinking that telehubby ventured beyond the tofu curtain into VT to get to the VW bus convention. So, there.

Love the graphics on that bus. What a great, crazy-ass tribute!
Bob T

Postby oldschool » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Ok, being a Westy owner and having some interest in the Dead's music I'm intrigued by this thing - I looked at the line-up and there do seem to be a lot of *probably* mediocre cover bands for this thing. One of my friends and I just saw Dark Star Orchestra last night at the Saranac Brewery in Utica, NY. If you get out this way ever this is a nice venue to take in a show - small but decent beer - my wife and I saw Lucinda Williams there about 12 or more years ago. So how worthwhile is this for me to consider as my summer has generally included some biking to lead up to the Ididaride plus other stuff so a little hike over to NH would be some time. Show last night was actually the first live show I've ever seen of Dead music - really good actually. I tend to listen to Grateful Dead hour on the weekend on our local radio station and the music on trips in the van too.
oldschool
oldschool

Postby Biff » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm loving all the pictures. The VW's are crazy. Way back in the early 60's my family bought the first of the VW campers. The pop up roof was just a little square with no room for a cot. My Mother lost it while going under an underpass in Central Park. There was a water main break and the pass was full of water. The camper apparently floated long enough for a cop to come out and rescue my Mother off the roof. She was on the news that evening.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Topics