• Advertisement

conditions?

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

conditions?

Postby Biff » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Whats going on around New England? It rained all day here on the Maine coast but no idea how it's going inland.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: conditions?

Postby Bob T » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am

Rain yesterday here in the interior. At least to 1700'. Probably also up to 3000' I'm guessing. Goopy wet snow that could corn up a little this week?
Bob T

Postby telehubby » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm

^^^ What he said. It rained lightly for a couple of hours yesterday. Looks like early spring here.
telehubby

Postby capecodtele » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 am

I was up at Mt Washington on Sunday. It was warm and there was temp inversion. I skied the Sherburne and the snow up top was nice and soft but it firmed up and got scratchy at the bottom in the fog. It rained everywhere up in that area all the way to the summits from about noon til after dark. They got almost half and inch in north conway. Skied Sunday River yesterday on a $23 special and surprisingly they recovered pretty well from the rain. Anything that was groomed was nice and edgeable with only a few ice spots. Most of the ungroomed and natural trails were either closed or looked treacherous.
capecodtele

Postby Dirk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am

Heavy rain in Vermont in some places Saturday afternoon, light rain in others Sunday. I don't think anyplace escaped completely unscathed. Still a fair amount of base though so groomers are good.
Dirk

Return to General Topics