• Advertisement

Olympics

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Olympics

Postby The Court General » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Looks like they may give Telemark a try in 2022 Olympics. The Parallel Sprint Classic race style seems like it would make good TV with the head to head competition, the reipeløkke, jump.
The Court General

Re: Olympics

Postby telehubby » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 pm

That's the hope. Fingers crossed...
telehubby

Postby The Court General » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Anything would be better than Slope Style. I hate terrain parks. Why are there metal posts, barrels on a mountain side? I guess you need it to attract the kids, but when I used to do jumps, they were all natural features. And yes, I walked up hill to and from school :wink:
The Court General

Postby jrjr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 am

The Court General wrote:Anything would be better than Slope Style. I hate terrain parks. Why are there metal posts, barrels on a mountain side? I guess you need it to attract the kids, but when I used to do jumps, they were all natural features. And yes, I walked up hill to and from school :wink:

Agreed! We used to drag the picnic tables and benches from the lodge to the park ourselves. ;)
jrjr

Postby Bob T » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:32 pm

If anyone comes across footage of the Diggins downhill out-of-track pass that made her finish possible, could you link it here? Tons of finish line sprint footage available on youtube, but none of that pass, that I can find.

Haven't seen too much, but loved watching Vonn's downhill runs. Insane. Impossible. Cringing the whole time. The run is basically ice! Ice at 60mph! Wrong!

Also liked the human ice skating cannon, Savchenko, firing Massot into the air. Footage of their gold winning free skate here.
Bob T

Postby MikeK » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Actually the DH and Super G courses were kind of slow and more technical than most. 60 mph is pretty slow for DH, it's usually 80-90 mph... on ICE!

I enjoyed the slalom and GS the most actually. Those courses were steep and technical, as they should be.
MikeK

Postby Dirk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Bob T wrote:If anyone comes across footage of the Diggins downhill out-of-track pass that made her finish possible, could you link it here? Tons of finish line sprint footage available on youtube, but none of that pass, that I can find.

Haven't seen too much, but loved watching Vonn's downhill runs. Insane. Impossible. Cringing the whole time. The run is basically ice! Ice at 60mph! Wrong!

Also liked the human ice skating cannon, Savchenko, firing Massot into the air. Footage of their gold winning free skate here.

Bob, the complete footage of the women's team sprint race can be found here:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/KQks/KvCqu7wA9

The final race starts at around 1 hour 42 minutes. The broadcast also includes qualifying and the men's finals.

I've watched it four times today...
Dirk

Postby Bob T » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Thanks Dirk! That was awesome! That race wasn’t over until the finish. What incredible athletes.
Bob T

Postby Fisheater » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Thank you for the link, I enjoyed watching.
Fisheater

Return to General Topics