• Advertisement

shell sizing on Scarpas

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: shell sizing on Scarpas

Postby ericraymond » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Not sure. The new Intuition liners are Mondo 25 and the shell says 5/6 with a second mark of 5 on the heel.

I thought they were 25.5, but scarpa chart suggests otherwise based upon above markings?
Last edited by ericraymond on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericraymond

Postby ericraymond » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Would that be a 40?
ericraymond

Postby oldschool » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 am

So it turned out to be a while before I could get on skiing my new boots. I had backcountry.com ship me the two pair near my size and it was pretty obvious that for me the 27 would be too small since I could barely get my foot into the shell. I did though and I guess they could have been a very snug boot for high performance but the 27.5 really was the right size for me. Also, after looking a lot, I also found something from Scarpa explaining how to size to shell to your foot - take your bare foot and put into the shell without the liner. Put toes up to front, measure the space between the back of your heel and the shell in the heel. Should be between a half inch to one inch with 3/4 being optimal - I'm bang on 3/4 in the 27.5 shell.

Had a lot of fun skiing them yesterday - second day on them so they were broken in a bit more and the conditions were great too,

I did notice that most of the time I was skiing them in walk mode not in the ski mode. I tend to really get down and bend the boot, so I think this is fine - anybody else do this? Ski mode seems too stiff and upright to me.
oldschool
oldschool

Postby Bob T » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 am

I ski in walk mode most of the time. Appreciate the extra fore/aft mobility. If I'm in icy conditions where a fall would be consequential I'll stiffen everything up. Glad you got a size that fit on your first pass!
Bob T

Previous

Return to General Topics