• Advertisement

Finger Lakes Region XCD

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: Finger Lakes Region XCD

Postby lowangle al » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:30 pm

MikeK wrote:
There are a few though. I always see the tell-tale traces in the snow. Usually a set of really beautiful esses.

Don't be surprised when you meet up with the makers of those tracks if they are on At gear with skimo skis.
lowangle al

Postby MikeK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Nah - most of them are too thin to be AT.

There are a few people who use that stuff around here, and you can usually tell by their tracks that they're on something wide. Could be Tele, but I know from bike shop convos that it's mostly AT.
MikeK

Postby MikeK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:52 pm

And Al, I could be considered middle-aged. I'm 37; about half my average life expectancy.

And I meant my age as well... I don't see many people XC skiing or XCD skiing that are my age. Finding an XCD skier is like spotting a wild animal. You know they are there because you see their tracks but you rarely spot them. Most XC skiers look to be retirees by my estimate.
MikeK

Postby lowangle al » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:56 pm

I don't know Mike, I think 37 is young. Middle age starts when you're about 48. Coincedently that is the same age that you sit on your own nuts for the first time. :cry:
lowangle al

Postby MikeK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:21 pm

I guess there's an argument for that... if you know you are going to live to be 96.

As far as saggy genitals... are you sure that's not just being an old man? I don't see what implies anything about the middle of anything from that.
MikeK

Postby lowangle al » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:39 pm

I don't think middle age is determined by a mathmatical formula. It's more about being between young and old.

As far as the other thing, that's something I heard George Lopez say, and in my case it was true. Don't worry though, that was 12 years ago and it hasn't happened since. My advice to you would be to avoid big drops and keep your jumping to a minimum as it may speed up the process. :)
lowangle al

Postby MikeK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 am

I think we are gonna lose it fast now... forecast is for 50s next week and some rain.

This weekend or early next week might be the last hurrah for a little corn. I was thinking we'd make it to April, but it's not looking that way.

Probably gonna be icy and crusty today - think I'll do a little trail skiing.
MikeK

Postby Fisheater » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Mike, I could tell from your posts that the skis were turning better, good stuff. As far as middle age, 37 is young, but there is a big difference between 40 and 50. I am getting close enough that I am pretty sure that 50 to 60, is not that big of a change.
I am going to take some turns on rental snow tomorrow, my trail skiing has been done for a while. I am down to the last few patches of snow in my yard. Enjoy the end of season, and thanks for sharing the photos.
Fisheater

Postby MikeK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:16 pm

Trail skiing was rough today... icy, crusty... bleh... should have taken more boot or just went and broken fresh trail. The snow wasn't actually that crusty out of tracks.

I guess conditions have been real good. Sometimes you forget that until they aren't, then you really remember what skiing like shit feels like :P
MikeK

Postby MikeK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:07 pm

Think today was the end.

Snow wasn't bad - was warm and starting to turn to a really nice cream. I made the mistake of starting on the north side early in the day and progressing south later on, should have went the other way... duh... but I blame the proximity of the parking area.

Snow could get awesome... if... the weather would hold, but it's supposed to rain for like the next 3 days and be warm, so I don't expect much but rotten icy patches after it clears. Oh well... 30 days, I'll take it. Time for bike.
MikeK

Previous

Return to General Topics