• Advertisement

Which Inexpensive Boots For a 12.5 WIDE Foot?

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Which Inexpensive Boots For a 12.5 WIDE Foot?

Postby TomBrooklyn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Which make and model of boot would be suitable for someone with a 12.5 EEE (Wide/Extra Wide) US Size foot?

Is there any particular type of boot that would likely be best?

I usually wear a 13 EE, EEE, or EEE wider. Triple E is the best fit. I think my foot length is actually 12.5, but I never see shoes in half sizes over 12.

I would like to get an inexpensive boot, preferably a used one if I can find one, as this is completely new to me, and I want to make a minimal investment to get started.

I've been shopping around local stores in the Poconos, Pa, and have yet to find a store that carries telemark boots, (or telemark anything.) I've looked at online stores, craigslist, and eBay and found my length, but none that come in wide.

I've never found an average size shoe, sneaker, or other kind of boot in an average "D" width that didn't cramp my feet. In fact, finding regular shoes is often hard for me, as there are only a few brands that come in wide.

Re: Which Inexpensive Boots For a 12.5 WIDE Foot?

Postby flyingcow » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38 pm

No one will have a plastic boot that's considered a E, but garmonts tend to use a wider last than Scarpa. Crispi also has a wide toebox, but a narrower heel (their leather boots are basically a mold of my foot!). Look for Garmont Garas or Excursions. Excursions are a bit more of a touring boot, but can handle in bounds stuff pretty well.
Far less perfect than Zim.

Re: Which Inexpensive Boots For a 12.5 WIDE Foot?

Postby lowangle al » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am

Hi Tom, as a fat footed Pocono MT skier I had to respond. I have a 4E foot that measures out at a size 8.5 but hae been wearing size 10 shoes to compensate. MMy first two pairs of plasti boots were 28.5s. I am now skiing a sarpa T2 eco in a 27 and they are a tight performance fit. I also hae a T4 in a 27.5 that are more comfortable. The new scarpas are wider than the old ones and the thermo moldable liner is key. If you can't find either of these boots you may want to take a chance on a boot a size too big.

Availability of tele stuff in the Poconos seems to be zero. I' not even sure if I will be able to find any kick wax. The skiing is good right now on the grassy game land and state forest roads in the Thornhurst, Mountain Lake area. Where are you located?

Good luck,
lowangle al

Return to General Topics