• Advertisement

Fatness?

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: Fatness?

Postby Biff » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:05 pm

I had the same delima with my latest choice of fat ski. Go small and maneuverability or long and float? Last time I choice small and had float problems. This time I went longer but the skis are also REALLY fat. Liberty Schuster 184... 150/122/141. I have yet to try them but I'm thinking they will work.

But all that does not answer your question... As long as you are not expecting to do tight trees the 188's are sure to give you what you want. On big wide slope deep powder days they should scream.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby rockdaletj » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 pm

I would go with the 188 for what you are looking for. With the tip rocker and turned up tail you're losing a bit of running length, and its still a modest 19m turn radius.
You're still welcome to try out my 185 Jay, it's a similar ski and would give you a feel for how much you'd be dealing with
http://www.parlorskis.com
Instagram: @d.gilbo
rockdaletj

Postby Go Fish » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am

I'll take you up on the test drive if I can ever manage to be at the hill the same time you are. Maybe next weekend.

I just ordered the 188. I'm going to spend more time on them bombing open runs than messing around in tight trees...it is just what I like better.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. I appreciate your opinions!
Go Fish

Previous

Return to General Topics