• Advertisement

RIP Tom Petty

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

RIP Tom Petty

Postby edgeworker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:42 am

An original badass. Sad day
My wife and I got to see him in Mudcrutch last year down front at a general admission show - amazing

Last edited by edgeworker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit it like you`ve got a pair!

Re: RIP Tom Petty

Postby Telemanarcer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:50 am

Bummer, not much for who sings what but if he is the singer that put together "Learning to fly" ? then he is the man who put together the Tele song for all of us...TM

Postby Dirk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:46 am

Tom Petty was an original. It's hard not to like his music. RIP.

Postby oldschool » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 pm

So I graduated high school in 1984 - saw him during my college years at a nice summer venue, not far from the stage. I think I may have seen him in high school too - pretty long time ago. His music was underappreciated by me in the past few years because we just had his greatest hits CD in the car and I sort of got into some other things or revisited other music. About two months ago I was thinking of what music I like and I thought about checking out the Wilburys stuff again. Put me right back onto the music and as many have commented, there's something about a sunny day driving when you can roll the windows down and listen to a Tom Petty song on the radio. True of a winter day getting to the slopes for sure as well.

A great artist - RIP

Postby North816 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:28 am

I fondly remember listening to his first couple albums on vinyl in the late 70's/early 80's. Classics! His later commercial stuff wasn't bad either.

Return to General Topics