• Advertisement

This is probably it....

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: This is probably it....

Postby Biff » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Grant wrote:Thanks for keeping us all limping along, Biff. I've always appreciated your commitment to the turn and spreading the gospel of telemark.

Now before you go, could you just make sure there is a full DIY on the Biff's Bellows Brasierre hosted somewhere on the internet?

I'm pretty sure that's my second cousin twice removed..."Iff" (As in Iff's Bellows Brasierre"). We do our best to ignore him.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Bern » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 am

Great job Biff and thanks. I'm contemplating making it to the Wickford Art Fest this coming weekend but I've reached a point where I hate to drive anyhere. May see you there.
Life is complex - it has real and imaginary parts

You can observe a lot by looking. Yogi Berra
Bern

Postby Biff » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 am

Bern wrote:Great job Biff and thanks. I'm contemplating making it to the Wickford Art Fest this coming weekend but I've reached a point where I hate to drive anyhere. May see you there.

I won't be there Bern. I've given the show up.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby Dirk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:01 am

Since we're starting to wind this party down,I thought I'd post this photo, featuring the nice Mammut pint glass Biff scored for all of us in the golden years of NET, when telemark was still a growth market and we had sponsors. I think this was from the first of the Stowe festivals. Black Diamond or EMS or somebody set up a giant expedition tent like you'd see at Everest base camp. I led a late-day tour down the Bruce Trail, which was successful except for YAD skiing down the wrong drainage and flailing around in the touring center while we were all doing Jaeger shots at the Matterhorn. Good times!

Dirk

Postby telehubby » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Big thanks Biff! I've really enjoyed this place the last 12 years. You collected a bunch of really great people here and before at the NET festivals. Your contributions to this graceful turn we all share are immeasurable. As evidence....
This is a photo from the Brettonwoods Reggae fest with Telewife and Son the Elder. I think I've posted it before. This year he is taking a year off from the US Telemark team to concentrate on his freshman year of college. I can speak for him and tell you he credits the tele fests, and the children's clinics, for his love of the turn.

I'm going to miss this place- almost enough to join Facebook....
telehubby

Previous

Return to General Topics