• Advertisement

Telemarktips

A forum for general discussions.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk, Williamtele

Re: Telemarktips

Postby Williamtele » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 pm

New rule....no one can die. We need the members.
Williamtele

Postby Biff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 pm

RobRox wrote:Be happy, I'm nearly 67.....less than 40 days 'till dotage

There's a word you don't see much..."dotage". "Each to her own" said the old woman in her dotage as she kissed the cow.

Yea Bill... Listen to him! No one die on us!!!
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Re:

Postby recedinghairline » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

if a kindly meals on wheels volunteer can be hacked
with a machete... in Vermont

better to be on the way out than on the way in
recedinghairline

Postby MikeK » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Biff wrote:No one die on us!!!

Pretty sure you guys have nothing to worry about.

Only the good die young
MikeK

Postby MikeK » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm

MikeK

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Biff wrote: Ron was (is) at heart a very nice guy but a bit obsessive, contentious and over the top. I had no real problem with him but he really got on a lot of peoples nerves and the moderators voted to ban him.
[...]
I think that as well as the few other tele forums are what hurts the participation in this forum. Plus there are just not that many tele skiers any more. I'll add this too... No one can do a tele site like Mitch did when he was in his hey day... the original teletips was THE tele forum and will never be matched.

Thanks Biff, that was a real thoughtful answer. Must be hard to ban someone here, seems almost like family. Like the original ttips, before it went septic.

Seems like the tele forums now are more regional. Probably the more toxic people have migrated elsewhere. I really dig the trip reports here and never really watched the vids on ttips (I was on dialup back then :shock: )

MikeK wrote:If you don't know who Ron is, then I'm afraid you don't know much about Tele forums.

Well, I know it was cheap shots like yours that killed off the old ttips. And are still killing off other forums I visit. If you can't say anything nice maybe you should hold your peace and stick to what you know.
Joe

Postby MikeK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Joe wrote:Well, I know it was cheap shots like yours that killed off the old ttips. And are still killing off other forums I visit. If you can't say anything nice maybe you should hold your peace and stick to what you know.

Maybe you should calm down and not take yourself so serious.

I know Ron, so I was sticking to what I know.
MikeK

Postby greatgt » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 am

And Telerock is posting here!!!!!!! Have to chuckle though....Referenced mods and such that really don't post much but if Ron was here......Reformed Ron....As if.....As most who have met him he is an elderberry of the High Hills of Northern Idaho.....Cutting gigantic trees....Living a different kind of life....Fully alive...Full of energy....Morning coffee and Ron is a great way to start the day...TM
greatgt

Postby North816 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 am

what is the URL of Ron's parody website? I'd like to see it.

I have no history in old telemark forums. I do see that a lot of posters tend to succumb to persnickity obsessing and back-stabbing of other people. The best thing to do with trolls and trolling personalities is ignore them, not ban them, IMO.
North816

Postby RobRox » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

North816 wrote:what is the URL of Ron's parody website? I'd like to see it.

I have no history in old telemark forums. I do see that a lot of posters tend to succumb to persnickity obsessing and back-stabbing of other people. The best thing to do with trolls and trolling personalities is ignore them, not ban them, IMO.

Agreed. Curmudgeons and Gadflies are a value in themseves, cutting them out would bring on result such as on Golgafincham*

* Extra credit if you don't have to look thtat up. If you do look it up, well, I appologize.
Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!
RobRox

Postby Biff » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:27 pm

North816 wrote:what is the URL of Ron's parody website? I'd like to see it.

I no longer have the url. I think mike gave it to me so I could see all the delightful things Ron was saying about me and telemark east after he was banned. It was about what you would expect from Ron. The site itself seemed to be mostly Ron talking with himself via lots of sock puppets. I didn’t see it as much as a “parody “ as much as just a vehicle to just let all of his detractors have it.

If you PM mikek I’m sure he can give u a link.

The problem with trolls is that most of us know to ignore them but there will always be a few posters that just can’t help themselves and end up tieing up threads with lots of contentious garbage. But I agree, I really don’t like banning anyone.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby MikeK » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Well Ron and I used to be at each other's throats. Not sure we aren't anymore, but I talk to him quite a bit on his site now. I try to be as friendly as I can with him these days. When he drives me nuts I just leave him alone for a few days.

Part of this led to me being banned from Ttalk. But really my whole goal was to try to let bygones be bygones and have everyone get along, but there is way too much pent up hate. Like serious hatred.

Tons of people hate me and would love to see me burn. But really there is no middle ground. If you try to reconcile with the banned, you become one of them.

I think the whole thing is kind of foolish. There are far too few Tele skiers and the community is serious split. No kingdom ever flourished when the lords were feuding with one another. At some point you have to realize this is all just rather pointless, and someone will try to get your goat sooner or later, better be ready for it.
MikeK

Postby edgeworker » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 am

Who brought all this up? Grant? I never liked that guy :shock: :D :D :D

Skiing? Mad was amazing the past 2 days
Hit it like you`ve got a pair!
edgeworker

Postby Digger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Williamtele wrote:New rule....no one can die. We need the members.

Fun thread. Ah the memories.
Digger

Postby Nick BC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 am

I just realized reading this thread that I have spent 21 years of my life browsing telemark sites! It all started with Telemarque.com, then when that went away we all had Mitch's site, bless his heart. I love seeing posts from some of the usual suspects of those days on Facebook. By the way as an older member (75 years) I have no intention of dying just yet and will continue to mainly lurk from the West Coast on this site :D
Nick BC

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics