• Advertisement

Liberty Schuster Pro review

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Liberty Schuster Pro review

Postby Biff » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:51 am

Finally had a chance to take the Schuster's out in powder and they performed as well as I had hoped. I was looking for a ultra fat powder ski that floats like a dream and turns quick and lively. These skis worked so well I just forgot they were there... I like that. Stable, easy to control, hard charging or light and quick...what ever you want. Parallels, tele...half the time they skied so effortless I just had no thoughts for the turns. The few times I got into the back or front seat recovery was easy. The only bad moment the whole day was when I misinterpreted a mound of pow as "a fun spot" that turned out to be a stump. But it was one of those days that even a wipeout was funny. This is without a doubt the powder ski I've been looking for. Best since my old self rockered Blizzard Powder x's.

I have to hand it to Liberty, this is my second pair and I have nothing but great things to say about both.

So, specs...

184mm 150-122-142
22 design vise bindings
23m turn
Full rocker tip and tail. Positive camber underfoot. Bamboo and carbon fiber core.

Here is a link to more.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Liberty Schuster Pro review

Postby Go Fish » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 pm

122 is FAT! But I have no doubt they were a riot in real powder.

I can't wait to try my 114 "clown shoes" at Jay in a couple of weeks.
Go Fish

Re: Liberty Schuster Pro review

Postby Biff » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Yea, 122 is FAT. But I had a pair of BD megawatts a number of years ago and they were 155/125/130! Interesting thing about those is that, although I loved them in the powder they were really heavy. They really did feel like clown shoes. For some reason these Liberty's don't. These feel lighter and are quicker turning.

Envious you are heading off to Jay soon. I would love to get up there but just aint gonna happen. Let us know how those skis do... :)
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Return to The Gear Shop