• Advertisement

Need Help w/75 mm Boots

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Need Help w/75 mm Boots

Postby Go Fish » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:30 pm

I've got a buddy that wants to learn how to tele. I'm going to set him up with a pair of skis and a pair of 22 Designs Vice bindings. He is going to buy a pair of boots. He is a very accomplished alpine skier tipping the scales at 220 lbs and he has big feet. 13.5 to 14 for street shoes. My go to boot was the Scarpa T1 for 75 mm but I don't think there will be enough volume in the toe box for his stompers.

I'm looking for recommendations for a burly, 4 buckle boot that is friendly to big feet. The goal is to make Wachusett fun for him again so there is no concern about tourability. These boots will only be used for lift served skiing.
Go Fish

Re: Need Help w/75 mm Boots

Postby rockdaletj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Scott/Garmont has a higher volume toe box. Id suggest trying either of those...same mold
http://www.parlorskis.com
Instagram: @d.gilbo
rockdaletj

Return to The Gear Shop