• Advertisement

Seeking ski recommendations

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Seeking ski recommendations

Postby iraomc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi. I'm looking for a new pair of skis, the perfect pair, the quiver of one, for the northern New England backcountry. Tele skiing of course. Never in resorts but once in a while cutting through a cross country center. I'm looking for something to mount with a voile 3 pin cable binding, lightweight, with a radius of around 20, and maybe 75 mm give or take underfoot... Basically, I ski stuff from rolling terrain (think avalanche brook trail, or Skytop ridge, for example) and then steep chutes (like Tuckerman's) often in the same day. I like the journey as much as the destination and I am not looking for a totally downhill oriented ski. I think it is a damn shame when I see people trudging along with skins on their fat AT skis when they could be cruising along enjoying the whole process, not begrudging the flats and hills. But sorry, I digress; this is not a philosophical post. I'm looking for something that will take wax and cruise on flats, but also perform well going down. My ideal ski s the Atomic tm 11s, from like 2004. I like the amount of camber that they have and they are the perfect union of styles for me. I also have used Goodes (not enough camber) Atomic ultimate 78s (not enough camber) voile vectors (too heavy and clunky) movement apple x series (which I liked, but I broke one... and not quite enough camber), rossignal bc 65 (too much camber) and fisher s bounds (too much camber) I know I'm picky but I cant be the only one out there searching. I would also like to but another pair of Atomic tm 11s if anyone has any! And I love any advice or info on skis! Thank you!
iraomc

Re: Seeking ski recommendations

Postby TeleTimII » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:43 am

Hey---I have a pair of Dynastar Alititrail in a 175 that seem to fit your needs. They are alpine camber 75mm at the waist and not too heavy. Let me know if you are interested. Oh ya-never been mounted.

TT
TeleTimII

Return to The Gear Shop