• Advertisement

Tech Fittings questions

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Tech Fittings questions

Postby camp » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:26 pm

I scored these boots from a friend at a bargain price ($0). Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have. Looks like I have a viable fixed heel boot and a future Meidjo boot?

K2 Pinnacle boot

Questions:
Can these boots be used with normal alpine bindings?
Can they be used with the Fritschi Diamir Explorer binding shown? The toes don't seem to rest all the way down on the binding interface (though of course I wasn't standing in them at time of photo). In the last pic, I tried to show the small gap
Can you tell if these friction pads are for regular alpine DIN or for AT?

camp

Re: Tech Fittings questions

Postby dschane » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:23 pm

camp wrote:I scored these boots from a friend at a bargain price ($0). Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have. Looks like I have a viable fixed heel boot and a future Meidjo boot?

K2 Pinnacle boot

Questions:
Can these boots be used with normal alpine bindings?
Can they be used with the Fritschi Diamir Explorer binding shown? The toes don't seem to rest all the way down on the binding interface (though of course I wasn't standing in them at time of photo). In the last pic, I tried to show the small gap
Can you tell if these friction pads are for regular alpine DIN or for AT?

Not possible with Meidjo -- no NTN duckbutt.
Works with alpine binders.
Works with Dynafit bindings (though not ideal).
Should work with Fritschi -- there is a screw on top of toe that allows you to adjust height of binding's toe interface.

See review here: http://powdergangster.ca/reviews/k2-pinnacle-ski-boots/
dschane

Re: Tech Fittings questions

Postby camp » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 am

dschane wrote:.....
Not possible with Meidjo -- no NTN duckbutt.
Works with alpine binders.
See review here: http://powdergangster.ca/reviews/k2-pinnacle-ski-boots/

Thanks, I should've noticed the duckbutt (I have a Crispi NTN that is my regular ride). I just wasn't even thinking NTN, more Meidjo with the heel fittings too. I'll plan to use it with alpine binders. Thanks for that review link. I'm a bit close to the reviewers 160lbs and will probably find these really stiff since I'm used to 110 tele boots.
camp

Return to The Gear Shop