• Advertisement

Binding set up?

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Binding set up?

Postby Haydos » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Hey guys, New to the forum, lots of great info here...

I've been a tele skier for 15 years, currently skiing 09 BD Havoc's and Hammerheads in Pos 4. I use Crispi CXP's but they are shot now really...

I'm definately buying Scarpa TX Pro boots...

Now onto bindings...

I'm looking at 90% resort/slackcountry setup.

I'm thinking either the NTN freedom's (as I hear they are better than the freerides - lighter, less prone to break) or the TTS system. The M Equip bindings look perfect but ive read of some issues and as it's so new i'm more inclined to wait till they sort the bugs.

One thing I should add is I bought NTN when it first came out with Crispi Evo's. The boots bellows were just too stiff and we're hard to flex. It honestly felt like I couldn't put enough weight on the back ski. So I ended up going back to HH's...

These Binders will most likely be going on Armada TST's.

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Haydos

Re: Binding set up?

Postby flyingcow » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:51 am

Welcome to Telemarkeast!

I use a Scarpa TX Pro and NTN Freedom. I also have Freerides on another pair of skis, but I strongly prefer how the Freedoms ski. It's a softer flex, and I think it is more consistent through the full range of motion. I can change leads much more quickly and get on edge faster on my Freedoms. I use these about 70% Backcountry/30% resort depending on conditions. If you're in resort that much, you don't really need to worry about weight, which is the huge advantage of TTS.

The TX Pros will treat you well. I think they are a little stiff, but they still ski beautifully. I preferred the way the Garmont Prophets flexed (VERY SOFT), but my heel flopped around like a loose fire hose in those.

One thing I should add is I bought NTN when it first came out with Crispi Evo's. The boots bellows were just too stiff and we're hard to flex. It honestly felt like I couldn't put enough weight on the back ski. So I ended up going back to HH's...

With NTN, you have to REALLY feel the pressure on your back shin. The mechanics of the turn are the same, but the feedback to your foot is a little bit different.

Welcome to a world free of duckbills! Your knees will thank you for having releasable bindings!
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby Haydos » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:15 am

Thanks for the welcome and reply mate :D
Haydos

Postby flyingcow » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:00 pm

No problem!

If you got any questions, let us know!
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow