• Advertisement

22 Design - AXL heel throw

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

22 Design - AXL heel throw

Postby jeff1313 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Just finally got back on my skiis after a two year layoff and what happens when I go to adjust the tension on my binding before I have even done one run....the heel throw breaks on the AXL binding. Has this happened to anyone else? They are just out of warranty, so I'm sure that I wouldn't get a replacement part for free. I'm planning on just ordering two new heel throws and replacing both (to be safe).

I was able to force the heal loop onto my boot and get some skiing in, but go figure.
jeff1313

Re: 22 Design - AXL heel throw

Postby Biff » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Don't be too sure. Chris and company are pretty good guys and they may give you a break. So to speak.
The only "normal" people are the ones you don't know.
Biff
Site Admin

Postby flyingcow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Chris and Collins are good to their people... if they can't just send you one, it won't be too expensive.
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby Go Fish » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:25 am

If you don't get any love from the 22D guys check into these: http://www.telemarkski.com/bluebird_day ... p40189.htm
Go Fish

Postby stec06 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:44 am

I just pulled the Bluebird Day heel throws off my Axls and went back to stock for the moment. They look and feel really burly, but no matter how much I tightened them down, one would loosen up by the end of the day and slip out of the grooves on the metal heel pieces. The stock Axl heel throws are working fine now; I'll have to try using some loctite on the Bluebird Day throws, though.
stec06

Return to The Gear Shop