• Advertisement

Just keep adjusting those bindings

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Just keep adjusting those bindings

Postby platypusjones » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Hey all,

New here, quasi new to tele as well. I recently got into telemark and fell in love and decided to go shopping for a setup. Ended up buying some nice boards and a pair of G3 Targa T9s. This is almost 100% my newness to all this, but in the 5 days I've skied them I've had to adjust the bindings almost every time sometimes after taking lunch as well. Is this the norm? Tried turning to Google but not a lot of help there.

Thanks for entertaining my newb question!

PJ
platypusjones

Re: Just keep adjusting those bindings

Postby dschane » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Unscrew the cables, add teflon tape, and re-install. You should be good to go. If you want to go gorilla on it, you could put on some Vibratite VC-3 (red goo) -- put on a very small amount, wait 10 minutes so that it forms a resin, and re-install (they definitely won't move after that).
dschane

Postby flyingcow » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 pm

x2 on the teflon tape. Are the bindings new? I've noticed a break-in period on most bindings of a few days. I'll admit my experience is with 3 pin cables, hardwires, O1s, Hammerheads... basically anything but Targas, but it doesn't surprise me.

Also, Welcome to the forum!

-pete
Far less perfect than Zim.
flyingcow

Postby platypusjones » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks guys!

I've skied on them about 5 days, so it could be break in but they seem to vary very greatly mostly on the larger side. I'm going to try out the Teflon tape and see how that works out.

Cheers,

PJ
platypusjones

Return to The Gear Shop