• Advertisement

FACTION AGENT 90 - REVIEW

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

FACTION AGENT 90 - REVIEW

Postby Erik » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 pm

I have to say that after persistent encouragement from the Faction ski rep, I finally ordered a pair of these skis and mounted a pair of 22 Design Vice and was very pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I'm generally a fan of twin tips ever since the Karhu Jak hit the scene in 2001. I especially like twins for skiing in the bumps and trees, so when I saw the notched small sloping tail of the Agent 90 I thought it wasn't likely to be a ski I would like NEARLY as much as I did. What I noticed immediately is that this ski has a lot of snap, is quite light, has nice tip rocker, is super quick and not too stiff. I wouldn't classify it as a super damp ski like a Rossignol, but it holds a nice edge on packed snow. The Agent 90 is a "freeride" ski with 92 mm under foot (don't ask me why they didn't call it the Agent 92- seems too obvious) That under foot width is a winner for the East for tours or lifts and isn't too optimistically fat. The Agent could easily be that "quiver of one" for East Coast, and really for West if you prefer a quicker edge. You'll also notice how well made this ski is. Made in Europe and with extras put into the mounting plate to eliminate pullouts from our more aggressive bindings and bigger boots. This would be one of the first skis in the shop I would reach for on a tour also. Here's your Specs on the Agent 90

SPECS:
174cm
1315mm running length
126-92-116mm tip/waist/tail
18m radius sidecut
70/12mm tip/tail height
5mm camber
Tip rocker: 8/150mm
Weight per pair 2660g

179cm
1351mm running length
126-92-116mm tip/waist/tail