• Advertisement

Slatnar Ski-Jump Bindings

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Slatnar Ski-Jump Bindings

Postby CIMA » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 am

Image
(from SLANTER carbon site)

Once ski-jump bindings were viewed as good old brothers to telemark bindings, but they aren't anymore.

http://youtu.be/Rv4VkJ_mDdk

Though the bindings still appear heel-free, their contributions to flying and telemark-landing are around 20%: ankle-free boots account for remaining 80%.

Example photo:
http://yaleherald.com/bullblog/deadliest-winter-sports-part-ii-ski-jump/

Yes, we have the NTN as a new breed now, but whether or not it keeps staying on the track of the evolution of telemark bindings is still unclear.
The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.
CIMA
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:08 am
Location: Japan

Return to The Gear Shop

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron