• Advertisement

Scarpa tx pro or tx comp - stiffness importance

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Scarpa tx pro or tx comp - stiffness importance

Postby telelec » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 am

Hi,
I will move to NTN this winter and i hesitate between Scarpa TX Pro or Comp

I’ve skied with Garmont synergy 3 buckle since around 10 years. The reason why i was with Garmont and why i want to go with scarpa it’s because i have very large feet (107mm) and it’s seems that Scarpa have the wider boots.

I’m an intermediate tele skier, 6’2", 250, skiing east, more and more enthousiast for mogul skiing and outbound.
I will put 22 design Outlaw X on Nordica Enforcer 100 and Nordica Soul Rider 87.

What is the Pros and cons of a stiffer boots vs non?

Should i go to TX Pro or Comp?

Thanks
telelec

Re: Scarpa tx pro or tx comp - stiffness importance

Postby Go Fish » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm

If you are going to spend most of your time at a resort on skis like the Enforcer 100, I recommend that you get the stiffest boot you can find.

We are similar in size (I'm 6'0", 215) and I'm in a pair of Crispi World cup NTN boots and I run Outlaws on all of my skis. The stiff boot allows me to really drive big skis to the point where I can actually have fun carving a full on GS race ski on ice. Big burly boots are overkill when conditions are soft or we actually pick up some powder but the frequency of those events is so low that it makes no sense to have a less stiff boot.

I was a Scarpa T1 guy for the first 20 years of my telemark career and now I can't imagine skiing anything beside the Crispi World Cup.
Go Fish

Return to The Gear Shop