• Advertisement

Nordica Enforcer 100

Read reviews and tests of all the newest gear courtesy of Eric Fey and Telemarkdown.
Got some skis you like and want to share the vibe? Tried some skis at a demo and hated them? Cool boots that have a great flex? Share it here. Questions about mounting bindings, waxing and sharpening skis? Ask away...and here is a chance for all the shop geeks out there to show us what they know.

Moderators: flyingcow, Dirk

Nordica Enforcer 100

Postby mountaingoat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am

Anyone familiar with these skis? I am currently on an old pair of Atomic TMX - 184s. I come from an alpine racing background and tend to like a stiffer ski but would also like something a little fatter that I can take into the woods. All skiing is done at Smuggler's Notch - a mixture of inbounds and out of bounds.

Other skis I am considering are Atomic Backland, K2 Pinnacles, and Blizzard Bonafides. Any advice on ski type, width underfoot, and length would be appreciated. My ability is advanced/expert and I am 6', 175 lbs.
mountaingoat

Re: Nordica Enforcer 100

Postby Go Fish » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 am

I was never a racer but my favorite way to tele is to lay 'em over and carve. I'm 6' 220.

I ride a pair of Blizzard Brahamas and they rip. They are absolute carving machines that perform best at speed. They require attention and really good technique or they will punish you. I love them. However, I just eliminated the Cochise from my hunt for for a wider ski because I have learned from a trusted source, a former racer that is still a really aggressive alpine skier, that 108 is too wide for what is essentially a GS race ski. I don't have the same data for the Bonafied but if there is a straight line between the Brahama and Cochise, the Bonafied is probably a pretty demanding ski that would rather be locked up in a carve than pivoting through the trees.

My 100 ish waist skis are an older pair of Atomic Theory. They are really fun in a bit of pow and kill it in the slushy chopped up spring stuff we get around here but they suck on anything harder than a nicely groomed run. They are built with the same construction as the Backland series.

I've heard good things about the Enforcer but I have never been on a pair.
Go Fish

Return to The Gear Shop